Latest Updates and Submissions
Mararthon: Yuge 1.2
W'rkncacnter on Dec 21st 2018
Mararthon: Yuge is a 30 level scenario, plus 225 secret levels for many extra hours of gameplay.
Yuge is a community project that was created in 2017 with procedural level generation using rooms that were mapped by hand. Mappers contributed rooms of various design and size, which were then fed into the level generator, which created the overall level layouts, texturing, monster placements, items, and sounds. Therefore, you will see some of the same rooms multiple times while playing through the scenario, but each will likely have a different set of monsters in slightly different locations, different textures, and you will likely have different weapons.
The level generator was created by W'rkncacnter, and 353 unique mapped out areas were contributed by several mappers: Windbreaker, RyokoTK, Sankara, W'rkncacnter, President People, $lave, General Tacticus, Glamdring, and Adminn_1.
Yuge has 2 new weapons, 2 new boss monsters, new wall textures, new scenery objects, maps with precipitation, and a new liquid type. Along with the procedurally generated levels, the final level of the main scenario, "enter the DOUCHE", is a custom map created by Windbreaker.
Like HD textures? Check out the Yuge Definition Textures plugins: http://simplici7y.com/items/yuge-definition-textures.
Keep and eye out for a URL within the secret levels where you can download even more bonus maps.
Notes for version 1.2:
Version 1.2 (December 2018): fixed terminals to work with newer versions of Aleph One, added fog to several levels in the original campaign, made minor adjustments to several levels in the original campaign.
Version 1.1 (August 2017): made levels work properly with co-op, added amazing icons, fixed an issue with the stats plugin.
Version 1.0 (July 2017): initial release.
2940 downloads, 11 reviews, 10 screenshots, 5.0 rating
raptor200221 on Dec 14th 2018
This is a project that a group of map makers have been working on for a while. It is a fitting tribute to the Marathon community and its players. Huge thanks to Aaron, aka The Man, and Spooky for helping me with item placement and the making of special maps. These maps are each made for specific people in mind, and are named after who they were designed for. This is a 12 level net map pack meant for 8 players. The maps are for Wrkncacnter, asdkzx123, windbreaker, slyfennecfox, fenrick, Captain Jteg, raptor200221, Spooky, Aaron, Adminn_1, EDDIE DINGLE, and Zuranthus.
Notes for version 13.0:
fixed eddie dingle map
914 downloads, 4 reviews, 12 screenshots, 2.8 rating
W'rkncacnter on Dec 6th 2018
This is a set of 2304 Mararthon: Yuge style single player maps. There is pretty much no plot on any of these maps, it purely exists for killing monsters.
If you are unfamiliar with Mararthon: Yuge, it can be downloaded at http://simplici7y.com/items/mararthon-yuge.
The maps can all be played with the Mararthon: Yuge scenario (recommended) or Marathon Infinity.
- Yuge Bigly 1: The Loneliest Number - 256 maps with the same parameters as normal Yuge levels.
- Yuge Bigly 2: Electric Doogaloo - Explore the Doog District of INFINITYS with 50% chance of doogstorms and 50% chance of SPOOKYdoogs.
- One Weapon Edition - There is only one type of weapon that spawns on these maps. Shitsticks required.
- All Weapons Edition - All weapon types can spawn on each map, instead of only 3.
- Hardcore Edition - Less health than normal Yuge maps. For people that want a challenge.
- JIHADIC-1 - All maps have either rain or JUICEstorms.
- Roguelike Edition - Pattern buffers are removed and each exit teleports you 1-10 levels forward.
- Spinal Tap Edition - More health, ammo, and monsters.
- Wuss Edition - More health and ammo. For super casual gameplay.
Notes for version 1.3:
- Fixed terminals to make it work with newer versions of AlephOne.
- Windbreaker created new shapes files for a brand new series, Yuge Bigly 2: Electric Doogaloo.
- One Weapon Edition added.
- Updated all maps to include the full set of community quotes from Mararthon: Yuge.
- Fog added to all maps.
- Other random fixes and changes to make the maps better fit their descriptions.
1868 downloads, 2 reviews, 1 screenshot, 3.5 rating
Zuranthus on Nov 18th 2018
Eupfhoria - Marathon Soundtrack Remake
Eupfhoria is a fully re-instrumented and re-scored soundtrack mod for the first Marathon. This replacement tries to remaster the original soundtrack while retaining the original feel. It IS the tracks you know and love, as it's based off the original MIDI files. Most tracks should fuller and more atmospheric, hopefully a bit like Marathon's younger brother, Halo.
To see if this is for you without downloading, you can stream it all here: Eupfhoria - Full Album Stream
Installation is simple, just replace your Music folder found in the Marathon directory. Backup your original folder if you want to go back to the originals.
NOTE: Don't use this for your first playthrough. Really. This is for people who've played through it before and want a new experience. Updating those pesky textures is one thing, but save this for your second playthrough.
Notes for version 1:
1182 downloads, 2 reviews, 1 screenshot, 3.5 rating
Switch on Oct 10th 2018
Google Re-Captcha has shut down and so the registration page is no longer working. I have the code to remove it, but won't be able to access the server until Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Robert / Switch
1164 downloads, 1 review, 0 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Meerjel01 on Aug 26th 2018
Sepherescent on Aug 23rd 2018
W'rkncacnter on Aug 5th 2018
A set of Weland plugins.
NOTE: If these aren't showing up in your list of plugins, you may have to compile them yourself.
Includes a plugin for:
- Completely texturing levels from scratch
- Generating stairs
- Resizing maps
- Bulk modifying monster flags for a level.
- Adding annotations to maps with random complaints from DADDY_Z3RO
- A re-release of VISUAL MODE so all of my plugins are together.
The source code is available for all of the plugins.
Notes for version 1.2:
Added "Alter Monster Falgs" plugin.
2385 downloads, 8 reviews, 0 screenshots, 3.5 rating
RyokoTK on Jul 16th 2018
This is not a serious map, it's a Lua experiment.
Context for this map is here:
1025 downloads, 0 reviews, 0 screenshots, 0.0 rating
Flippant Sol on Jul 4th 2018
A similar scaled texture pack as "xBR Monsters for M1", but this is for M1's weapons and the algorithm is slightly different.
I would recommend leaving linear filtering on to smooth out the textures.
Notes for version 1.0:
Shouldn't be any incompatibilities with other plugins.