Items by Best Reviewed
PRAHBLUM PEACK 304f6855
irons on Jun 5th 2008
Formerly called "Rejects," PRAHBLUM PEAK is the set of maps I culled from Underworld as I built that pack up to its glorious state. These aren't necessarily that bad, and I'm putting them online because there is (or was, at one point) a demand from some fans of my levels. These were usually the cheap players who loved how horrible the balance was, but I still appreciate their support. The README goes into pretty good detail for every level.
PP 304f6855 has six levels.
2221 downloads, 2 reviews, 6 screenshots, 3.5 rating
W'rkncacnter on Dec 6th 2018
This is a set of 2304 Mararthon: Yuge style single player maps. There is pretty much no plot on any of these maps, it purely exists for killing monsters.
If you are unfamiliar with Mararthon: Yuge, it can be downloaded at http://simplici7y.com/items/mararthon-yuge.
The maps can all be played with the Mararthon: Yuge scenario (recommended) or Marathon Infinity.
- Yuge Bigly 1: The Loneliest Number - 256 maps with the same parameters as normal Yuge levels.
- Yuge Bigly 2: Electric Doogaloo - Explore the Doog District of INFINITYS with 50% chance of doogstorms and 50% chance of SPOOKYdoogs.
- One Weapon Edition - There is only one type of weapon that spawns on these maps. Shitsticks required.
- All Weapons Edition - All weapon types can spawn on each map, instead of only 3.
- Hardcore Edition - Less health than normal Yuge maps. For people that want a challenge.
- JIHADIC-1 - All maps have either rain or JUICEstorms.
- Roguelike Edition - Pattern buffers are removed and each exit teleports you 1-10 levels forward.
- Spinal Tap Edition - More health, ammo, and monsters.
- Wuss Edition - More health and ammo. For super casual gameplay.
Notes for version 1.3:
- Fixed terminals to make it work with newer versions of AlephOne.
- Windbreaker created new shapes files for a brand new series, Yuge Bigly 2: Electric Doogaloo.
- One Weapon Edition added.
- Updated all maps to include the full set of community quotes from Mararthon: Yuge.
- Fog added to all maps.
- Other random fixes and changes to make the maps better fit their descriptions.
2168 downloads, 2 reviews, 1 screenshot, 3.5 rating
Four of Diamonds 1.0
Crater Creator on Feb 4th 2013
This is a new, standalone release. The map is designed to support all gametypes: vanilla EMFH, KOTH, and KTMWTB; and CTF & Rugby via their respective netscripts. For the last two, download the appropriate script from right here on Simplici7y, select CTF or Rugby when gathering, and check the netscript checkbox and use the corresponding netscript as well. There is a small embedded lua script to deal with the multipurpose use of the ball, but that should all take care of itself behind the scenes.
This level is also the first release to utilize my EasyShade plugin for lighting. The screenshots for EasyShade were taken from this map.
Notes for version 1.0:
2147 downloads, 2 reviews, 3 screenshots, 3.5 rating
Realism Pack 2.0
PerseusSpartacus on Mar 1st 2013
This shapes, sounds, and physics pack is designed to make the play of Marathon Infinity more realistic. In future, I may modify even more of the game's workings, such as monster movement speeds or attack speeds.
NOTE: This physics model is not designed for multiplayer use; it would make the weapons incredibly overpowered and many maps almost unplayable.
Notes for version 2.0:
A comprehensive list of changes can be found in the Read-me file.
2297 downloads, 2 reviews, 1 screenshot, 3.5 rating
Water Parque 1.0
AN1Guitarman on Sep 24th 2011
HDscenery plugin v1.0
tim4i on Dec 7th 2010
Plugin Version of Visciom 'HDscenery' v1.0 for Marathon.
-For screen shots and details refer to original MOD. -Original Readme enclosed -Released under permission
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: 1) Cut & Paste 'HDscenery v1.0.zip' into your 'Plugins' folder in the AlephOne Folder. (Create the folder if you don't have one)
2) Start AlephOne.exe and go to Preferences->Environments->Plugins (Click to Enable/Disable Plugins)
Notes for version v1.0:
Plugin Support Release.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY OWN WORK. IT IS A REPACK INTO A PLUGIN WITH PERMISSION FROM THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR(S).
Problems Post on Pfhorums http://www.pfhorums.com/index.php?showtopic=5786&st=20&gopid=86160&#entry86160
2643 downloads, 2 reviews, 0 screenshots, 3.5 rating
Zuranthus on Nov 18th 2018
Eupfhoria - Marathon Soundtrack Remake
Eupfhoria is a fully re-instrumented and re-scored soundtrack mod for the first Marathon. This replacement tries to remaster the original soundtrack while retaining the original feel. It IS the tracks you know and love, as it's based off the original MIDI files. Most tracks should fuller and more atmospheric, hopefully a bit like Marathon's younger brother, Halo.
To see if this is for you without downloading, you can stream it all here: Eupfhoria - Full Album Stream
Installation is simple, just replace your Music folder found in the Marathon directory. Backup your original folder if you want to go back to the originals.
NOTE: Don't use this for your first playthrough. Really. This is for people who've played through it before and want a new experience. Updating those pesky textures is one thing, but save this for your second playthrough.
Notes for version 1:
1440 downloads, 2 reviews, 1 screenshot, 3.5 rating
Deus Volt! Alpha 1.0
Synchronicity13 on Dec 25th 2008
A preliminary release of a single-player/co-op campaign I've been cooking up for some time. The first five levels are good to go; the other four (from "The Machine Rages On" onwards) are works in progress. Go ahead and give it a try... Suggestions, criticism, bug reports, etc., are much appreciated!
Notes for version 1.0:
Merry Christmas! Bugs/glitches will be fixed as they are brought to my attention.
2263 downloads, 2 reviews, 4 screenshots, 3.5 rating
kata on Jan 9th 2011
CubicCircle on Mar 16th 2009
Stand-alone Marathon game. Windows version.
Notes for version .36:
Fixed the gamma bug.