Items by Most Downloads
TTEP Plugin (M1) v7.0
tim4i on Nov 19th 2010
Plugin Version of Tim Vogels 'Total Texture Enhancement Pack' v7 for Marathon.
-For screen shots and details refer to original MOD. -Original Readme enclosed -Released under permission
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: 1) Cut & Paste 'TTEP v7.0 (M1).zip' into your 'Plugins' folder in the AlephOne Folder. (Create the folder if you don't have one)
2) Start AlephOne.exe and go to Preferences->Environments->Plugins (Click to Enable/Disable Plugins)
Notes for version v7.0:
Plugin Support Release.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY OWN WORK. IT IS A REPACK INTO A PLUGIN WITH PERMISSION FROM THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR(S).
Problems Post on Pfhorums http://www.pfhorums.com/index.php?showtopic=5786&st=20&gopid=86160&#entry86160
3229 downloads, 1 review, 0 screenshots, 4.0 rating
Marathon 1 Redux 0.0.13-alpha
liacrow on Jul 29th 2019
Weekly updates on Github: https://github.com/ravenshining/M1R
A project to give Marathon 1 a facelift, incorporating the new features of Aleph One to flesh out and add realism to the Marathon's architecture. Eventually, to include a branching storyline- possibly even missions on the colony moon.
Featuring Marathon 1 with lua scripting, liquids, ambient sound, new weapons, more scenery, improved sprites, expanded architecture, new terms & terminal art, and the latest HD plugins. Also including Craig Hardgrove's soundtrack, you can visit his page over at themarathonmusic.com !
At this point M1R should contain a complete, playable, almost bug-free recreation of M1, however, I still consider this an alpha as there are many more features and levels to come, and other features present that will be cut.
To contribute to this project, download it and read the "Help Wanted.txt" and/or TODO.txt," or head over to the Pfhorums where the lists and discussion are posted: http://pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=53510
WINDOWS USERS PLEASE NOTE Marathon 1 Redux's extensive HD and 3D assets may cause 32-bit builds of Aleph One to crash immediately upon starting a game. To resolve this issue, you will have to experiment with turning off plugins or reducing texture replacement resolution to taste.
Notes for version 0.0.13-alpha:
- Starting a new game now brings you directly to Arrival, rather than skipping though unfinished prologues
- Currently unplayable levels are hidden from the level-select dialogue
- Lua scripting is finding its way to several levels to control special events and functions
- 3D models fixed so they no longer cause clipping & bloom problems, and distort less on pulsating textures
- New texture variants, bringing the total number to 386! (including landscapes and animation frames)
- Most levels updated to greater and lesser degrees to take advantage of the new textures
- AI variant terminal textures applied to every terminal - e.g., a Leela terminal says LEELA on it in-world
- Differentiated solid and liquid lava, and to a lesser degree, goo
- New epilogue level (thanks to Pfhorrest for letting me re-use some Eternal geometry)
- A new defensive twist to Pfhoraphobia to balance out its new Lua scripting
- Updates to Arrival, The Rose, Welcome to the Revolution, Try Again, Beware of Low-Flying Defence Drones
- The first Pfhor terminal
- Pfhor fighter sprites optimised for bloom
- Revised Vidmaster's Oath
- Newly spawned players start with plot-appropriate weapons, at the expense of ammo
- Low resolution fallback if you disable the 3072p landscape plugin
- Lots of bugfixes in general, thank you to everyone who reported problems!
- Much saner organisation overall
- Probably more because it's been 9 months since 0.0.12!
Known bugs *A mutant pfhor teleports into space and BoBs clog corridors in the epilogue level, both fixed in weelky release *Flamethrower is wonky *Player's light is too dark, fixed in weekly release
3208 downloads, 3 reviews, 9 screenshots, 4.3 rating
treellama on Mar 31st 2010
A 25 level solo scenario, seven years in the making, Marathon: W'rkncacnter explores the player's future after the final level of Marathon Infinity.
Although it uses standard Marathon Infinity shapes, monsters, and weapons, Marathon W'rkncacnter features stunning architecture and use of the cutting edge persistent Lua feature of Aleph One.
Coming soon: the Marathon: W'rkncacnter net map pack.
WARNING: There are story spoilers in the reviews! Don't read them if you don't want to be spoiled.
Notes for version 1.0:
I didn't have anybody beta test this, so maybe you should consider this a beta release. ::shrug::
3178 downloads, 11 reviews, 6 screenshots, 3.6 rating
Hopper on Jul 7th 2012
goran svensson on Dec 1st 2010
This is a high resolution landscape plugin for Marathon Infinity. It replaces all landscapes with 4096x2160 PNG versions.
Please note, if your copmputer have difficulties at using these large landscapes, there's an alternative download, where all landscapes have been reduced to 2048x1080. Check out: http://www.simplici7y.com/items/gorans-highres-2048x1080-landscapes-plugin
Notes for version 1.2:
1.0 First Release
1.01 Fixed MML Error
1.2 Changed image type from DDS to PNG to improve overall image quality. Gradients are now much smoother.
3163 downloads, 4 reviews, 4 screenshots, 4.8 rating
Kill Them All II 1.00
RyokoTK on Oct 15th 2007
Kill Them All II is a short but intense scenario for Marathon Infinity. It is a collaborative project, wherein the challenge for each mapper was to make complete, high-quality levels with 100 or fewer polygons.
KTA2 features 11 maps from five mappers: screamingfool, Drictelt, Hangar96, shadowbreaker, and myself. It's difficult, with loads of carnage -- very fun.
3151 downloads, 4 reviews, 1 screenshot, 5.0 rating
Infra Apogee 2.0.0
Windbreaker on Dec 30th 2015
The final edition of my third multiplayer mappack includes 20 maps for Marathon Infinity. This pack uses texture sets from all 3 games, with 5 Marathon 1 "themed" maps, 7 Durandal maps, and 8 standard Infinity maps.
Notes for version 2.0.0:
- Features 3 new maps: "The Emperor of Finite Space", "Objective Permanence", and "Tempus Fugit".
- Moves the hill on "The Cylindrical" to the highest ledge.
- Fixes Kill the Man with the Ball on "Doctor Jazz".
- Fixes various texturing errors on other maps.
3101 downloads, 6 reviews, 20 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Gorans Lava Set 2.05
goran svensson on Mar 9th 2012
This plugin replaces all the textures in marathon infinity's lava set with 512x512 versions. I have sought to stay true to the originals and I hope it shows. Version 2 includes major updates to all textures. Bump maps are now supported. Make sure to check that out!
Notes for version 2.05:
2.0 New release with major texture upgrades and bump maps
2.05 Removal of bright line from texture 018.
3052 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 screenshot, 5.0 rating
XBLA HUD Plugin 1.1
Hopper on Feb 22nd 2014
This plugin is a port of the Durandal XBLA interface to Aleph One. Compatible with Marathon 2 and Infinity, and included in the all-in-one downloads of those games.
Notes for version 1.1:
Added support for Visual Mode.lua. This version was included with all-in-one downloads of Aleph One 1.1.
3028 downloads, 1 review, 1 screenshot, 5.0 rating
Capture the Falg 1.0.3
irons on Jan 23rd 2016
This script adopts W'rkncacnter's CTF script to the newer API. See the readme, the original CTF script, and the Magenta Filter maps for more information.
Notes for version 1.0.3:
This release hopefully fixes out-of-sync issues. It also adds messages for all flag statuses (taken, dropped, returned, scored). There are also screen faders for these events. Finally, the alert sound no longer plays if a player is constantly picking up his own flag (i.e. when it continuously respawns on the base polygon).
I highly recommend updating to this version.