Adminn_1 on Jan 25th 2023
[Credit to Windbreaker for the title.] "Until they've searched thoroughly, one can never be clean." In this scenario, you get to spend a bunch of time cleaning up a space of its filth balls with your trusty Yucatan Suckaman™ vacuum cleaner. But watch where you step, and be sure to empty the bag often so the vacuum cleaner doesn't explode!
21 downloads, 0 reviews, 5 screenshots, 0.0 rating
Apotheosis X 1.1
hypersleep on Jan 12th 2023
Apotheosis X is a total conversion featuring 24 massive levels of carnage brought to life with entirely reimagined sprites and textures, high frame rate animations, 16 bit audio and an original soundtrack.
The campaign features engaging combat that scales with player skill and aggression, with a roster of new enemies and weaponry that complements the original games' nuance and high skill ceiling.
Notes for version 1.1:
Key updates for 1.1:
- Sound effects are louder and punchier, with more variety.
- The player's arsenal is more powerful, with many adjustments that make it more effective on total carnage.
- Additional saves, items and resources throughout the campaign.
- Weapon and item pickups are more visible.
- Numerous bug fixes, including the removal of 2 soft locks.
- Numerous small updates to level designs.
- Included PDF manual with a weapon manifest and additional backstory.
An extensive list of updates is available in the download.
1226 downloads, 7 reviews, 13 screenshots, 4.7 rating
Eternal X 1.3 preview 4
The Man on Dec 24th 2022
Eternal is one of the largest scenarios ever created for Aleph One, initially created by Forrest Cameranesi (Pfhorrest) and subsequently revised and expanded by a massive team known as the Xeventh Project, which, as of this writing (December 2022) now includes more than 40 people. Besides Tempus Irae, it may be the oldest scenario still being actively developed; it was first released in 2004 and has been refined and expanded almost continuously ever since. Features include, but are hardly limited to:
- 52 levels, some revisiting familiar locations from the Marathon trilogy and some being among the largest ever created for the engine
- A complex plot featuring dense political and philosophical themes, a tragic romance, time travel, major events from Marathon’s backstory, complex original characters, and returning faces from the Marathon trilogy’s cast
- A huge, acclaimed soundtrack containing nearly fifty tracks and lasting more than five hours (significantly expanded in 1.3 preview 4)
- Redesigns of most of the game’s familiar cast (new in 1.3), some old foes from Pathways into Darkness, and some new faces (some new in 1.3)
- Hundreds of gorgeous terminal images (many added for 1.3 preview 4)
- Five texture sets, encompassing 650 high-resolution textures, 12 detailed original landscape textures, and several separate human and alien environments
- A secret tracking system (new in 1.3 preview 4)
- More than 360 sounds, remixed or remastered in CD quality, in stereo where possible (new in 1.3)
- Atmospheric weather like rain and snow (new in 1.3)
- A “quicksave on level transition” feature (new in 1.3)
- A final boss battle of sorts (new in 1.3)
- Detailed documentation including illustrated field guides to Eternal’s weaponry, aliens, and humans, detailed credits, a meta-history of Eternal, and technical notes on how its maps and scripts work (new in 1.3)
The current development release, 1.3 preview 4 (released on 2022-11-23), is perfectly playable despite still being incomplete; it is now our recommended way to play the game. We’ll refrain from estimating the release date of 1.3 final, as we’ve overshot too many estimates to count (thank you, feature creep). The current “stable” build, 1.2.1 (released on 2021-11-07), is missing several features listed above but is still an enjoyable game in its own right.
The screenshots seen on the right are from a slightly updated version of 1.3 preview 4 (the only visible change in any of them is a modified texture in the upper-left corner of “The Midpoint of Somewhere”). Although they were taken on Normal (so as to show more monster types), we do recommend playing Eternal on the highest difficulty you can manage.
Notes for version 1.3 preview 4:
Current development release. 1.3 incorporates several new features, many detailed above.
173 downloads, 2 reviews, 5 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Adminn_1 on Nov 7th 2022
[2022-11-06 - New map added, "Dusk Questioning for the Glyphs". It can be downloaded separately at the provided link directory or with the scenario itself if you don't already have it.]
In this latest NEFX shell to be added to map-wise over time, you accidentally teleport into a messy, long-abandoned, and now-infested storage complex run by an AI who has gotten imaginative in isolation but who is thwarted in progress and needs someone to retrieve missing keys amidst a great mess in order to both grow unabated and help you escape. All maps in this scenario shall be Retrieval missions.
Notes for version 4:
2022-11-06 - New map added, "Dusk Questioning for the Glyphs". It can be downloaded separately at the provided link directory or with the scenario itself if you don't already have it.
271 downloads, 0 reviews, 4 screenshots, 0.0 rating
Adminn_1 on Nov 6th 2022
[2022-11-06 - One new map has been made: “In the Newly Discovered Contours of the Microcosm's Interior”. It can be downloaded separately at the provided link directory or with the scenario itself if you don't already have it.]
In this NEFX shell based on Pathways Into Darkness, you've probed too deeply into matters unknown and found yourself in the forbidden zone, at the mercy of a once-dormant deity ordering your retrieval of diamonds to escape.
Notes for version 4:
2022-11-06 - One new map has been made: “In the Newly Discovered Contours of the Microcosm's Interior”. It can be downloaded separately at the provided link directory or with the scenario itself if you don't already have it.
191 downloads, 1 review, 5 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Adminn_1 on Nov 2nd 2022
[PLEASE READ BELOW]
[11/02/22: New map added, "Findings in the Endless Contemplation". It can be downloaded at the provided link either separately or along with the scenario itself if you don't already have it.]
In the latest multimedia dispatch from NEFX, spend time stuck in a mad one's dimension trying to attain the most amount of glory in the most amount of time before the current iteration of your condemned (blessed?) soul is snuffed. In the cracks, drink of all the details of the strange essence you've stumbled into. More levels and optional files (i.e textures) may be added across updates (note also the extra maps folder with one map in it).
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to toggle the included (and modded) Survival script to play this scenario. I got Hopper's permission for its use -- just ask him. Thanks, Hopper!
New sounds come from Hollywood, sundry YouTube, SWB Audio Capture, and Cythera by Ambrosia Software.
Notes for version 3:
11/02/22: New map added, "Findings in the Endless Contemplation". It can be downloaded at the provided link either separately or along with the scenario itself if you don't already have it.
534 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 screenshot, 5.0 rating
Adminn_1 on Oct 1st 2022
In this latest Marathon content shell from NEFX, a once-promising new sector of Nampa, Idaho has gone to shit along with its possibly clone-based citizenry, and you're caught in it. Escape?
Thanks to Alex Scobell for those "Earth" textures! He made them like 20 years ago when he was 10 and they never really got used, but he offered me to make something with them, so I made this. :3
159 downloads, 0 reviews, 2 screenshots, 0.0 rating
Adminn_1 on Sep 25th 2022
An entire soundtracked 50-level pack by NEFX for the 1998 Marathon-engine-based game Wheels! by RJ Cooper. Much thanks to the original Wheels! creators and to W'rkncacnter/Douchetower for help with the bundling. To play:
Copy the Wheels! files into the directory.
Open the graphics/shapes file in ShapeFusion and apply the contained shapes patch to it.
Put Aleph One in the directory and launch it.
Kiss ass goodbye.
163 downloads, 1 review, 5 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Adminn_1 on Sep 24th 2022
This fixes the issues from the original 2019 upload, meaning it doesn't have anyone else's plugin or any version of Aleph One in it. This was a joke made in response to Meerjel01's proposed scenario Marathon: Green. It's an extermination level, so return to the starting platform after killing everything. In the meantime, deal with all the green.
Notes for version 2:
Doesn't have anyone else's plugin or any earlier version of Aleph One in it. I used a custom texture to create the green this time, and it's easier and better to navigate this way anyway.