Survival 2.0 1.7
Benoit on Jul 28th 2020
I released a new survival script for marathon infinity based on the first one made by MegaByte.
In This Edition:
Continuous wave of aliens, rather than round based combat.
The number of spawned aliens is capped at 50, in order to avoid AI frozen monsters.
Almost every type of monsters are used. They spawn from the easiest to the hardest to fight.
Bobs are included to help the player. A random invincibility power up will also spawn in the map to call in bobs when picked up.
The script works on almost all maps. Aliens can sometimes spawn in unreachable places but the script will handle this. Just ignore it. The script works better on some maps.
Players health will regenerate after some time if they're not taking damage.
The rest of the rules should be the same that in the first survival. Including reviving mates, if everyone dies the game ends,...
Some settings can also be modified in the lua script like regenerating life, bob powerup, dead body boucing, ...
I advise to play in normal mode until 3 or 4 players. It will be hard enough. Major damage is good for 4 to 6 players and total carnage for more.
Warning : Do not host it with HD Monsters Texture or it will crash. The game must load all monster collections and HD Monsters Texture will cause an insufficient ram error.
Also do not host on any maps that are extremely large or small because monster generation is based on the area and size of each level.
Thanks to aquateenhgrfrce for his suggestions and his help for testing the script.
Notes for version 1.7:
1.2 : A survival generator has been implemented. You can now customize the survival by choosing your opponents, your allies, the different levels of difficulty and the probability of spawning for each monster. You will find it in the zip folder with the survival script and the folder "Ressources" containing images for the generator. You need Java to execute it. Place the application Survival_Generator.jar in the same folder that the folder "Ressources" then you can run it.
1.3 : Ask it and you got it. I made updates for the application just for you WindBreaker :D You can now load an existing survival file in the application to make modifications. You can also edit the time of a round. But you can only load survival scripts which have been created with the generator and which have not been manually modified (except for the settings of course) That means you can't load the original survival 2.0 script but you can load the one in the actually zip folder which has been generated with the application.
1.3.1 : The display of the timer after 1 hour of gameplay has been fixed. Thanks HailErdogan to have found that bug.
1.4 : Monsters dead animation has been fixed. If you noticed when a monster dies, his body does not move and can sometimes be frozen, floating in the air. Same thing for the drones/juggernauts which often explode in the air. All is properly working with this version. These corrections also improve the fluidity of the game, that's why I really advise you to use this version.
Addition : a new functionnality has also been implemented with this version. (disabling/enabling in the settings of the script) You can teleport to the plateform you are aiming by pressing the microphone key. You need your oxygen bar full to use it and teleport will drain it. The bar will fill up with the time.
1.5 : Monsters won't spawn anymore in unreachable areas except for maps which don't have hill. In this case, the script will work like for the version 1.4.
- Disconnected players are not displayed anymore with the minimal display.
- Sometimes the character of a player who get disconnected could stay alive, he now correctly dies.
- When you generate a script with allies major or minor aliens and play it with an opposite difficulty, for instance, minor aliens with total carnage difficulty, only major aliens will spawn and they won't be friendly. This has been fixed.
- Minor bugs fixed.
- Bug with the generator's performance fixed.
- Added the possibility to choose the number of aliens by setting the options in the lua script.
- The name and the health of the target you are aiming are now displayed. Red for ennemies, green for allies.
- The score's calcul has been reviewed. It increases by dealing damages to ennemies and killing them. It decreases by dealing damages to allies and killing them. Revive a mate and kill yourself will also change your score.
- Added missing monsters "Tick" in the generator (minor, major and kamikaze) as suggested by Tycho X.
- Added possibility to group monster families by team in the generator by right-clicking on a monster to attribute him a color (see screens). Monsters with the same color are on the same team. Which means enemies or allies with different colors will fight each other. If no color are attributed, it works by default "Ally vs Enemies". This was also suggested by Tycho X.
- Monsters teleport in the map instead of spawning from nowhere.
- Small other improvements with monster spawning.
- If you want to use the generator to make your own script with the script's latest version, you obviously need to use the latest version of the generator.
- If you want to upgrade a version of a custom survival script you made, just load it in the generator and regenarate it to be upgraded to the last version.
Since the original game doesn't allow more than 32 active ennemies in the same time. I recommand you to change it. Especialy if you play big maps with a lot of aliens or if you want to change manualy the number of aliens as explained in the 1.6 section. For that, go into your marathon folder, script folder, open marathon infinity.mml with your text editor and replace the number paths value = "32" by the number you want (power of 2 and max 512). If there is no such thing in the file, you have to add it yourself like this:
<dynamic_limits> <paths value="128"/> </dynamic_limits>
inside the <marathon> tag.
Let me know if you find some bugs or if you have suggestions.
Answer to helviusrufus: Haha indeed. Sorry for that and thanks for you feedback. I focused on the generator and forgot to upload the new version of the script with it. You could have still upgrade yours by loading it in the generator 1.7 and regenerating it. I have added the script in the archive but it's possible you don't see it right now if you browser cached your previous download. If so you will have to either wait or download if from a different browser or delete your browser cache.
1748 downloads, 7 reviews, 12 screenshots, 4.3 rating
Shappie on Jul 27th 2020
This is a slightly modified version of Hopper's M1A1 HUD. It moves the HUD to the lower left corner of the screen and allows for fullscreen mode without any black bar. This should work for any Aleph One scenario, including M1.
I also made a few small edits to the HUD itself for aesthetics and transparency.
Thanks to wrkncacnter for the additional scripting.
23 downloads, 0 reviews, 4 screenshots, 0.0 rating
Shappie on Jul 18th 2020
This is a slightly modified version of Hopper's M2 Default HUD. It moves the HUD to the lower left corner of the screen and allows for fullscreen mode without any black bar. This works for any non-M1 scenario.
Thanks to wrkncacnter for the additional scripting.
49 downloads, 1 review, 5 screenshots, 5.0 rating
W'rkncacnter on Feb 14th 2020
Single Player Network Game is a set of Lua, physics, and shapes to simulate a network game using bots. The lua script automatically populates maps with the bot monsters, and the shapes and physics make them look and act like players in a multiplayer game. Note that this only works on netmaps that don't have embedded physics (this is the vast majority of netmaps). There are many configurable settings you can tweak to get just the multiplayer experience you're looking for.
This project is based on RadBurn's Marathon Conflict mod, and wouldn't exist without the work he put in to create the shapes and the original set of physics. I've included the unmodified Conflict shapes in this download to simplify the setup process, but RadBurn did all of the work for that. I have tweaked the physics a bit from the original conflict physics, mostly to make the bots act more like real players in a network game.
If you're just wanting to be able to revive in a single player game without reloading the map/saved game, then there's also a script for that that doesn't have any of the bot stuff.
Adminn said he'd make this script, but it's been literally forever and he hasn't done it.
Notes for version 1.2:
Added even more settings to the script so you can customize the game to be what you want.
Physics/lua tweaks to make the bots act more like real players and be more dangerous.
336 downloads, 0 reviews, 2 screenshots, 0.0 rating
willbill808 on Mar 12th 2019
This mod drastically changes the gameplay of Marathon!
Combat is much more fierce. This is like Marathon on steroids. Experience it for yourself.
*This mod establishes a new oxygen system:
- You start with 2 minutes worth of oxygen (average human breath time.) -When you go into an environment in which you cannot breathe, you will start holding your breath. Be careful you don't black out! Holding your breath for too long makes you delirious, you know.
- Luckily, if you make it to air in time, you can catch your breath and get those 2 minutes of air back.
Oxygen tanks now add tank oxygen to your total air capacity. When your tanks run out, you start holding your breath.
It is also possible to become delirious from being in a near death state.
Monsters and weapons are now more accurate and lethal, and travel at high speeds much closer to reality.
Physics are changed, especially gravity, which is more realistically amplified from the low-grav Marathon stock physics. NOTE: this may make some jumping puzzles unsolvable. Gravity has been changed to closely match that of Earth (on standard gravity maps).
Notes for version 1.0:
This can certainly be improved upon, but for now, it's stable and it works.
455 downloads, 0 reviews, 0 screenshots, 0.0 rating
willbill808 on Mar 12th 2019
This solo Lua script makes you, the player, more vocal.
At any time, you can press the "~" key to speak some chatter.
You will also yell at friends who accidentally hurt you, and grunt when you experience pain.
You may also find yourself apologizing for friendly fire, and taunting enemies you kill.
BUT... There is one big twist... You may attract unwanted attention with your newfound voice...
Notes for version 1.0:
This will probably be the only release of this that I do. This mod can get annoying...
430 downloads, 0 reviews, 0 screenshots, 0.0 rating
Jumping Hills 1.1
W'rkncacnter on Feb 8th 2017
Two netscripts meant to be used with the King of the Hill gametype. They will cause the hill to move around periodically. The compass points to the hill, and the lighting on the floor of the hill will flash.
Jumping Hills will work with any map enabled for KOTH, while Base Jumping Hills requires maps set up in a specific way. The readme has more details.
Notes for version 1.1:
- Added indicator to show whether the hill is above or below you.
- The exact same hill will no longer be chosen twice in a row.
- Added a floating fusion contrail for a better visual indication of the hill.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some maps from working with the script.
- Added Base Jumping Hills.
- Bumped Imperium down on the list of S7 files.
1197 downloads, 2 reviews, 0 screenshots, 5.0 rating
aquateenhgrfrce on Jan 21st 2017
Lower Grade weapons = More points
Weaker weapons are harder to kill with thus will grant you more points, stronger weapons are easy to kill with, therefore you will gain less points if you use them.
Many thanks to Hail, Benoit, limonene, Windbreaker, Data, and others for their help in testing and balancing the script.
Future versions may include turning off auto switch and customization.
Current Netgame point distribution:
• Missile = 1 points • Flamethrower = 3 points • Shotgun = 5 points • SMG = 7 points • AR Grenade = 15 points • AR Bullet = 10 points • Alien Weapon = 20 points • Fusion Bolt Minor = 20 points • Fusion Bolt Major = 15 points • Pistol = 30 Points • Running Fists = 25 points • Walking Fists = 35 Points • Standing Fists = 50 points
881 downloads, 3 reviews, 0 screenshots, 4.7 rating
Retexture Lua 1.0
W'rkncacnter on Oct 1st 2016
Sick of mappers that carefully select textures to go with their useless maps? Tired of playing boring old maps that look the same every time you play?
Now there's a Lua script to randomly generate new textures each time you play!
It may even be slightly less terrible than you're thinking.
950 downloads, 0 reviews, 0 screenshots, 0.0 rating
W'rkncacnter on Apr 2nd 2016
Turn marathon into a turn based strategy game with this lua script.
When hosting, just pick one of the standard gametypes like normal and enable this script. It is not a netscript gametype.
This existed once a long time ago, but I must have loched and deleted it or something.