Items by Fewest Reviews
Unlost Found v1.4
brilliant on Dec 31st 2012
irons on Feb 18th 2016
POWERS is a new kind of Marathon gameplay. Instead of having an arsenal of weapons, the player carries only what is inside his mind—his POWERS.
POWERS works under Aleph One with any Marathon scenario, and, in theory, any game type. However, the best way to use your new POWERS is with a friend in Co-op mode! New challenges await you in your favorite levels, and you might find that your POWERS even enhance levels you never appreciated before. Just use the POWERS Lua script when you play!
Notes for version 3.0.1:
Total overhaul. See the Readme.
2197 downloads, 6 reviews, 1 screenshot, 4.2 rating
Nibenon on Feb 14th 2011
irons on Feb 7th 2016
Envy on Sep 24th 2009
A map i only converted to the marathon engine. not my idea.
this is the Citadel, biggest map almost ever... uses all space possible... Careful of the crypt if you use the Physics that emulate the bob war...
Notes for version 1:
some bad lighting here and there, still needs fog, some teleporters need hooking up, edges need killzones, needs a readme... other than that, iz finished.
@President People thats what it is.
@timothy, this is going in my scenario, and the textures would therefore be customized to the map. and idk how to do fog, and the troops were just cause i was bored. nobody likes bots.
1651 downloads, 6 reviews, 0 screenshots, 3.2 rating
Ares Ex Machina on Mar 30th 2014
A plugin for the original weapons-in-hand graphics for Aleph One, featuring:
- Different looking muzzle flash with blended edges.
- Motion blur on certain frames, including bullet shells and the fists.
- An optional translucent scope effect for the magnum.
Works with both Marathon 2 and Marathon Infinity!
Notes for version 1.5:
- Removed black halo around edges of the optional graphics for the Marathon 2 SMG.
- Optional graphics for the Marathon 2 SMG have been made powers of 2.
3035 downloads, 6 reviews, 5 screenshots, 4.7 rating
Hopper on Jan 24th 2016
Vasara is a Lua script and dedicated HUD for use in texturing maps in Aleph One. The HUD provides more explanation for new users compared to Visual Mode, and features a mouse-driven interface for choosing textures and options.
Notes for version 1.0.3:
This version works with Marathon 2 (as long as you ignore the 4th landscape slot).
2554 downloads, 7 reviews, 5 screenshots, 4.9 rating
RyokoTK on Feb 7th 2021
Survival 2.0 1.7
Benoit on Jul 28th 2020
I released a new survival script for marathon infinity based on the first one made by MegaByte.
In This Edition:
Continuous wave of aliens, rather than round based combat.
The number of spawned aliens is capped at 50, in order to avoid AI frozen monsters.
Almost every type of monsters are used. They spawn from the easiest to the hardest to fight.
Bobs are included to help the player. A random invincibility power up will also spawn in the map to call in bobs when picked up.
The script works on almost all maps. Aliens can sometimes spawn in unreachable places but the script will handle this. Just ignore it. The script works better on some maps.
Players health will regenerate after some time if they're not taking damage.
The rest of the rules should be the same that in the first survival. Including reviving mates, if everyone dies the game ends,...
Some settings can also be modified in the lua script like regenerating life, bob powerup, dead body boucing, ...
I advise to play in normal mode until 3 or 4 players. It will be hard enough. Major damage is good for 4 to 6 players and total carnage for more.
Warning : Do not host it with HD Monsters Texture or it will crash. The game must load all monster collections and HD Monsters Texture will cause an insufficient ram error.
Also do not host on any maps that are extremely large or small because monster generation is based on the area and size of each level.
Thanks to aquateenhgrfrce for his suggestions and his help for testing the script.
Notes for version 1.7:
1.2 : A survival generator has been implemented. You can now customize the survival by choosing your opponents, your allies, the different levels of difficulty and the probability of spawning for each monster. You will find it in the zip folder with the survival script and the folder "Ressources" containing images for the generator. You need Java to execute it. Place the application Survival_Generator.jar in the same folder that the folder "Ressources" then you can run it.
1.3 : Ask it and you got it. I made updates for the application just for you WindBreaker :D You can now load an existing survival file in the application to make modifications. You can also edit the time of a round. But you can only load survival scripts which have been created with the generator and which have not been manually modified (except for the settings of course) That means you can't load the original survival 2.0 script but you can load the one in the actually zip folder which has been generated with the application.
1.3.1 : The display of the timer after 1 hour of gameplay has been fixed. Thanks HailErdogan to have found that bug.
1.4 : Monsters dead animation has been fixed. If you noticed when a monster dies, his body does not move and can sometimes be frozen, floating in the air. Same thing for the drones/juggernauts which often explode in the air. All is properly working with this version. These corrections also improve the fluidity of the game, that's why I really advise you to use this version.
Addition : a new functionnality has also been implemented with this version. (disabling/enabling in the settings of the script) You can teleport to the plateform you are aiming by pressing the microphone key. You need your oxygen bar full to use it and teleport will drain it. The bar will fill up with the time.
1.5 : Monsters won't spawn anymore in unreachable areas except for maps which don't have hill. In this case, the script will work like for the version 1.4.
- Disconnected players are not displayed anymore with the minimal display.
- Sometimes the character of a player who get disconnected could stay alive, he now correctly dies.
- When you generate a script with allies major or minor aliens and play it with an opposite difficulty, for instance, minor aliens with total carnage difficulty, only major aliens will spawn and they won't be friendly. This has been fixed.
- Minor bugs fixed.
- Bug with the generator's performance fixed.
- Added the possibility to choose the number of aliens by setting the options in the lua script.
- The name and the health of the target you are aiming are now displayed. Red for ennemies, green for allies.
- The score's calcul has been reviewed. It increases by dealing damages to ennemies and killing them. It decreases by dealing damages to allies and killing them. Revive a mate and kill yourself will also change your score.
- Added missing monsters "Tick" in the generator (minor, major and kamikaze) as suggested by Tycho X.
- Added possibility to group monster families by team in the generator by right-clicking on a monster to attribute him a color (see screens). Monsters with the same color are on the same team. Which means enemies or allies with different colors will fight each other. If no color are attributed, it works by default "Ally vs Enemies". This was also suggested by Tycho X.
- Monsters teleport in the map instead of spawning from nowhere.
- Small other improvements with monster spawning.
- If you want to use the generator to make your own script with the script's latest version, you obviously need to use the latest version of the generator.
- If you want to upgrade a version of a custom survival script you made, just load it in the generator and regenarate it to be upgraded to the last version.
Since the original game doesn't allow more than 32 active ennemies in the same time. I recommand you to change it. Especialy if you play big maps with a lot of aliens or if you want to change manualy the number of aliens as explained in the 1.6 section. For that, go into your marathon folder, script folder, open marathon infinity.mml with your text editor and replace the number paths value = "32" by the number you want (power of 2 and max 512). If there is no such thing in the file, you have to add it yourself like this:
<dynamic_limits> <paths value="128"/> </dynamic_limits>
inside the <marathon> tag.
Let me know if you find some bugs or if you have suggestions.
Answer to helviusrufus: Haha indeed. Sorry for that and thanks for you feedback. I focused on the generator and forgot to upload the new version of the script with it. You could have still upgrade yours by loading it in the generator 1.7 and regenerating it. I have added the script in the archive but it's possible you don't see it right now if you browser cached your previous download. If so you will have to either wait or download if from a different browser or delete your browser cache.