Items by Monthly Downloads
Marathon Phoenix 1.3
RyokoTK on Jun 27th 2015
A 35-level single player major conversion.
This scenario is difficult and action-packed; it features a full arsenal of new, powerful weapons, and more threatening enemies than you could ever want.
1.3 now has stats support for Lhowon.org's solo/coop leaderboards, and a few bonus levels from an unfinished project appended to the end of the campaign.
16066 downloads, 38 reviews, 21 screenshots, 4.4 rating
General Tacticus on Aug 1st 2016
This plugin replaces most of the original Jjarro props with 4x resolution rendered versions.
-The sun sprite is not replaced yet, but I have no idea where it shows up anyway.
-The broken light fixtures are not replaced either, as the game doesn't let you break Jjarro lights.
Notes for version 1.0:
The next version will probably include the star and unused broken lights
1352 downloads, 3 reviews, 3 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Survival 2.0 1.7
Benoit on Jul 28th 2020
I released a new survival script for marathon infinity based on the first one made by MegaByte.
In This Edition:
Continuous wave of aliens, rather than round based combat.
The number of spawned aliens is capped at 50, in order to avoid AI frozen monsters.
Almost every type of monsters are used. They spawn from the easiest to the hardest to fight.
Bobs are included to help the player. A random invincibility power up will also spawn in the map to call in bobs when picked up.
The script works on almost all maps. Aliens can sometimes spawn in unreachable places but the script will handle this. Just ignore it. The script works better on some maps.
Players health will regenerate after some time if they're not taking damage.
The rest of the rules should be the same that in the first survival. Including reviving mates, if everyone dies the game ends,...
Some settings can also be modified in the lua script like regenerating life, bob powerup, dead body boucing, ...
I advise to play in normal mode until 3 or 4 players. It will be hard enough. Major damage is good for 4 to 6 players and total carnage for more.
Warning : Do not host it with HD Monsters Texture or it will crash. The game must load all monster collections and HD Monsters Texture will cause an insufficient ram error.
Also do not host on any maps that are extremely large or small because monster generation is based on the area and size of each level.
Thanks to aquateenhgrfrce for his suggestions and his help for testing the script.
Notes for version 1.7:
1.2 : A survival generator has been implemented. You can now customize the survival by choosing your opponents, your allies, the different levels of difficulty and the probability of spawning for each monster. You will find it in the zip folder with the survival script and the folder "Ressources" containing images for the generator. You need Java to execute it. Place the application Survival_Generator.jar in the same folder that the folder "Ressources" then you can run it.
1.3 : Ask it and you got it. I made updates for the application just for you WindBreaker :D You can now load an existing survival file in the application to make modifications. You can also edit the time of a round. But you can only load survival scripts which have been created with the generator and which have not been manually modified (except for the settings of course) That means you can't load the original survival 2.0 script but you can load the one in the actually zip folder which has been generated with the application.
1.3.1 : The display of the timer after 1 hour of gameplay has been fixed. Thanks HailErdogan to have found that bug.
1.4 : Monsters dead animation has been fixed. If you noticed when a monster dies, his body does not move and can sometimes be frozen, floating in the air. Same thing for the drones/juggernauts which often explode in the air. All is properly working with this version. These corrections also improve the fluidity of the game, that's why I really advise you to use this version.
Addition : a new functionnality has also been implemented with this version. (disabling/enabling in the settings of the script) You can teleport to the plateform you are aiming by pressing the microphone key. You need your oxygen bar full to use it and teleport will drain it. The bar will fill up with the time.
1.5 : Monsters won't spawn anymore in unreachable areas except for maps which don't have hill. In this case, the script will work like for the version 1.4.
- Disconnected players are not displayed anymore with the minimal display.
- Sometimes the character of a player who get disconnected could stay alive, he now correctly dies.
- When you generate a script with allies major or minor aliens and play it with an opposite difficulty, for instance, minor aliens with total carnage difficulty, only major aliens will spawn and they won't be friendly. This has been fixed.
- Minor bugs fixed.
- Bug with the generator's performance fixed.
- Added the possibility to choose the number of aliens by setting the options in the lua script.
- The name and the health of the target you are aiming are now displayed. Red for ennemies, green for allies.
- The score's calcul has been reviewed. It increases by dealing damages to ennemies and killing them. It decreases by dealing damages to allies and killing them. Revive a mate and kill yourself will also change your score.
- Added missing monsters "Tick" in the generator (minor, major and kamikaze) as suggested by Tycho X.
- Added possibility to group monster families by team in the generator by right-clicking on a monster to attribute him a color (see screens). Monsters with the same color are on the same team. Which means enemies or allies with different colors will fight each other. If no color are attributed, it works by default "Ally vs Enemies". This was also suggested by Tycho X.
- Monsters teleport in the map instead of spawning from nowhere.
- Small other improvements with monster spawning.
- If you want to use the generator to make your own script with the script's latest version, you obviously need to use the latest version of the generator.
- If you want to upgrade a version of a custom survival script you made, just load it in the generator and regenarate it to be upgraded to the last version.
Since the original game doesn't allow more than 32 active ennemies in the same time. I recommand you to change it. Especialy if you play big maps with a lot of aliens or if you want to change manualy the number of aliens as explained in the 1.6 section. For that, go into your marathon folder, script folder, open marathon infinity.mml with your text editor and replace the number paths value = "32" by the number you want (power of 2 and max 512). If there is no such thing in the file, you have to add it yourself like this:
<dynamic_limits> <paths value="128"/> </dynamic_limits>
inside the <marathon> tag.
Let me know if you find some bugs or if you have suggestions.
Answer to helviusrufus: Haha indeed. Sorry for that and thanks for you feedback. I focused on the generator and forgot to upload the new version of the script with it. You could have still upgrade yours by loading it in the generator 1.7 and regenerating it. I have added the script in the archive but it's possible you don't see it right now if you browser cached your previous download. If so you will have to either wait or download if from a different browser or delete your browser cache.
2233 downloads, 7 reviews, 12 screenshots, 4.3 rating
Marathon Aeon 1.10
Dugit on Dec 24th 2011
This is the public beta of an ongoing solo scenario project. So far, seventeen levels have been made, containing twelve full solo levels and a net map. Enjoy.
Contained are all the scenario files, along with music. Included is the Total Weapon Enhancement Pack as standard, with altered alien weapon DDSs. Latest Aleph One is required. Operates stand-alone.
Please can you review it? This is a beta after all, and it'll be greatly appreciated for future reference. ß)
Notes for version 1.10:
I was going to save up all the new additions for the 2.0 release. But hey. It's Christmas. ;)
- XBLA HUD added
- Goran's Hi-Res Landscape Plugin added (modified)
- Terminal glitch on Words Which I Command and Jjaro Jjaro Evolution fixed
- Textural oversights on Lapsus Linguae, Vae Victis and Command fixed
- Two new full solo levels
- Gameplay enhancement on all main solo levels (generally more difficult rather than easier)
- 3x Canister DDS made blue rather than purple (oops)
- Expanded texture files
- Music files heartily expanded
- Loads of smaller fixes
- All teleportation errors fixed
4943 downloads, 15 reviews, 15 screenshots, 4.3 rating
RyokoTK on Feb 7th 2021
RyokoTK on Mar 19th 2016
A 17-level single player scenario. The predecessor to Marathon: Phoenix. Many assets for Phoenix came from this, as well as some of the storyline beats, like that of the Renegades and a poorly written evil AI.
This scenario was released back in September 2006. It's hard, and it's not very good; fixes and updates went into Phoenix instead. This is presented just as a historical document, I guess.
2319 downloads, 3 reviews, 3 screenshots, 5.0 rating
General Tacticus on Nov 16th 2017
Replaces the 2d scenery sprites with 3d models in Marathon 1
Note: works best in shader mode.
Make sure bloom is turned off!
Obviously some errors can't be avoided, but I have done my best to smooth over as many bumps as possible.
Notes for version 1.2:
-Replaced the escape pod model with a much better one
-Changed the pfhor egg to be more like the original (an egg)
2680 downloads, 4 reviews, 4 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Marathoner325 on Aug 3rd 2011
This is the Marathon 2 special edition soundtrack in MP3 format. THIS IS NOT MY MUSIC
3034 downloads, 0 reviews, 0 screenshots, 0.0 rating
W'rkncacnter on Apr 2nd 2016
Turn marathon into a turn based strategy game with this lua script.
When hosting, just pick one of the standard gametypes like normal and enable this script. It is not a netscript gametype.
This existed once a long time ago, but I must have loched and deleted it or something.
1423 downloads, 1 review, 0 screenshots, 5.0 rating
W'rkncacnter on May 15th 2016
Marathon olympics is heavily inspired by a map KawaiiPet hosted in 2005.
This is my attempt to re-create that awesome experience.
It is a multiplayer map that should be hosted untimed with the netscript gametype. It has embedded lua.
Notes for version 1.0:
I'd like to add more events to this map eventually, when I get around to it.