W'rkncacnter on Jan 15th 2022
This is a full port of the 1993 mac game "Pathways Into Darkness" by Bungie to the Aleph One engine. Therefore, Pathways into Darkness is now available on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
Note: You must use version 1.5 of AlephOne or newer. Download here: https://github.com/Aleph-One-Marathon/alephone/releases/tag/release-20220115.
This is a little different from a typical marathon scenario, as it features:
- Levels that can be re-visited multiple times with their state preserved.
- Advanced inventory for carrying and using many items.
- Resting to heal.
- Use of crystals to use special powers, along with conventional weapons.
- RPG elements.
- An ending score based on how you do while playing the game.
- Talking to the dead.
Make sure to read the readme for important information about controls. There are some non-obvious things you need to be aware of when playing the game. If you get stuck, there is a link to some Youtube videos in the readme that can be used as a guide.
Notes for version 1.3:
- Requires AlephOne 1.5.
- Support for weapon hotkeys and resting using a hotkey.
- Various fixes related to newer alephone versions, the readme has more detail in the changelog section.
3964 downloads, 8 reviews, 9 screenshots, 4.8 rating
Susannah OSX 1.0
JohannesG on Oct 19th 2013
- Mac OSX version
- For Windows version, click here.
My first ever finished game, a final project during my art studies at VMA in 2008/2009.
An experiment in how far one can go by stripping the elements of a video game down to its bare essentials of mechanics, dynamics and aesthetics, while in the meantime, showcasing the importance and the purpose of audial elements in interactive entertainment.
Set in a bleak sterile world of white, where nothing exists except the disturbingly pure visuals, the game follows the avatar's journey through the bleak levels of the world, accompanied by a soundtrack, to migrate and merge to the unknown entity which called for him.
Susannah was showcased at the Þrír í Þriðja exhibition in Verksmiðjan, Hjalteyri (Iceland) in 2009.
- W, A, S, and D + Mouse for movement
- Space to interact with the blue data streams
1847 downloads, 1 review, 3 screenshots, 4.0 rating
Hopper on Mar 12th 2011
System Se7en 1.2
Hopper on Mar 12th 2011
A GUI theme for Aleph One inspired by Apple's System 7.5, as seen in Marathon's original preferences dialogs. Based on an earlier (now obsolete) theme by Christian Bauer.
Notes for version 1.2:
Now more authentic. Turn off "Smooth Text" for best results.