Tagged 'Aopid' by Best Reviewed
W'rkncacnter on Jan 15th 2022
This is a full port of the 1993 mac game "Pathways Into Darkness" by Bungie to the Aleph One engine. Therefore, Pathways into Darkness is now available on Windows, Linux, and Mac.
Note: You must use version 1.5 of AlephOne or newer. Download here: https://github.com/Aleph-One-Marathon/alephone/releases/tag/release-20220115.
This is a little different from a typical marathon scenario, as it features:
- Levels that can be re-visited multiple times with their state preserved.
- Advanced inventory for carrying and using many items.
- Resting to heal.
- Use of crystals to use special powers, along with conventional weapons.
- RPG elements.
- An ending score based on how you do while playing the game.
- Talking to the dead.
Make sure to read the readme for important information about controls. There are some non-obvious things you need to be aware of when playing the game. If you get stuck, there is a link to some Youtube videos in the readme that can be used as a guide.
Notes for version 1.3:
- Requires AlephOne 1.5.
- Support for weapon hotkeys and resting using a hotkey.
- Various fixes related to newer alephone versions, the readme has more detail in the changelog section.
5442 downloads, 8 reviews, 9 screenshots, 4.8 rating
W'rkncacnter on Feb 4th 2022
HD graphics replacements for Aleph One: Pathways Into Darkness
AOPID can be found here: http://simplici7y.com/items/aleph-one-pathways-into-darkness
Notes for version 1.1:
Significantly improved weapons in hand and monsters using an updated model and better processing.