Items by Most Reviews
RyokoTK on Apr 28th 2018
Survival 2.0 1.7
Benoit on Jul 28th 2020
I released a new survival script for marathon infinity based on the first one made by MegaByte.
In This Edition:
Continuous wave of aliens, rather than round based combat.
The number of spawned aliens is capped at 50, in order to avoid AI frozen monsters.
Almost every type of monsters are used. They spawn from the easiest to the hardest to fight.
Bobs are included to help the player. A random invincibility power up will also spawn in the map to call in bobs when picked up.
The script works on almost all maps. Aliens can sometimes spawn in unreachable places but the script will handle this. Just ignore it. The script works better on some maps.
Players health will regenerate after some time if they're not taking damage.
The rest of the rules should be the same that in the first survival. Including reviving mates, if everyone dies the game ends,...
Some settings can also be modified in the lua script like regenerating life, bob powerup, dead body boucing, ...
I advise to play in normal mode until 3 or 4 players. It will be hard enough. Major damage is good for 4 to 6 players and total carnage for more.
Warning : Do not host it with HD Monsters Texture or it will crash. The game must load all monster collections and HD Monsters Texture will cause an insufficient ram error.
Also do not host on any maps that are extremely large or small because monster generation is based on the area and size of each level.
Thanks to aquateenhgrfrce for his suggestions and his help for testing the script.
Notes for version 1.7:
1.2 : A survival generator has been implemented. You can now customize the survival by choosing your opponents, your allies, the different levels of difficulty and the probability of spawning for each monster. You will find it in the zip folder with the survival script and the folder "Ressources" containing images for the generator. You need Java to execute it. Place the application Survival_Generator.jar in the same folder that the folder "Ressources" then you can run it.
1.3 : Ask it and you got it. I made updates for the application just for you WindBreaker :D You can now load an existing survival file in the application to make modifications. You can also edit the time of a round. But you can only load survival scripts which have been created with the generator and which have not been manually modified (except for the settings of course) That means you can't load the original survival 2.0 script but you can load the one in the actually zip folder which has been generated with the application.
1.3.1 : The display of the timer after 1 hour of gameplay has been fixed. Thanks HailErdogan to have found that bug.
1.4 : Monsters dead animation has been fixed. If you noticed when a monster dies, his body does not move and can sometimes be frozen, floating in the air. Same thing for the drones/juggernauts which often explode in the air. All is properly working with this version. These corrections also improve the fluidity of the game, that's why I really advise you to use this version.
Addition : a new functionnality has also been implemented with this version. (disabling/enabling in the settings of the script) You can teleport to the plateform you are aiming by pressing the microphone key. You need your oxygen bar full to use it and teleport will drain it. The bar will fill up with the time.
1.5 : Monsters won't spawn anymore in unreachable areas except for maps which don't have hill. In this case, the script will work like for the version 1.4.
- Disconnected players are not displayed anymore with the minimal display.
- Sometimes the character of a player who get disconnected could stay alive, he now correctly dies.
- When you generate a script with allies major or minor aliens and play it with an opposite difficulty, for instance, minor aliens with total carnage difficulty, only major aliens will spawn and they won't be friendly. This has been fixed.
- Minor bugs fixed.
- Bug with the generator's performance fixed.
- Added the possibility to choose the number of aliens by setting the options in the lua script.
- The name and the health of the target you are aiming are now displayed. Red for ennemies, green for allies.
- The score's calcul has been reviewed. It increases by dealing damages to ennemies and killing them. It decreases by dealing damages to allies and killing them. Revive a mate and kill yourself will also change your score.
- Added missing monsters "Tick" in the generator (minor, major and kamikaze) as suggested by Tycho X.
- Added possibility to group monster families by team in the generator by right-clicking on a monster to attribute him a color (see screens). Monsters with the same color are on the same team. Which means enemies or allies with different colors will fight each other. If no color are attributed, it works by default "Ally vs Enemies". This was also suggested by Tycho X.
- Monsters teleport in the map instead of spawning from nowhere.
- Small other improvements with monster spawning.
- If you want to use the generator to make your own script with the script's latest version, you obviously need to use the latest version of the generator.
- If you want to upgrade a version of a custom survival script you made, just load it in the generator and regenarate it to be upgraded to the last version.
Since the original game doesn't allow more than 32 active ennemies in the same time. I recommand you to change it. Especialy if you play big maps with a lot of aliens or if you want to change manualy the number of aliens as explained in the 1.6 section. For that, go into your marathon folder, script folder, open marathon infinity.mml with your text editor and replace the number paths value = "32" by the number you want (power of 2 and max 512). If there is no such thing in the file, you have to add it yourself like this:
<dynamic_limits> <paths value="128"/> </dynamic_limits>
inside the <marathon> tag.
Let me know if you find some bugs or if you have suggestions.
Answer to helviusrufus: Haha indeed. Sorry for that and thanks for you feedback. I focused on the generator and forgot to upload the new version of the script with it. You could have still upgrade yours by loading it in the generator 1.7 and regenerating it. I have added the script in the archive but it's possible you don't see it right now if you browser cached your previous download. If so you will have to either wait or download if from a different browser or delete your browser cache.
1841 downloads, 7 reviews, 12 screenshots, 4.3 rating
Windbreaker on Mar 6th 2018
15 multiplayer maps for Marathon Infinity. Fourth edition features 2 new maps.
Special thanks to W'rkncacnter for embedded Lua on several maps.
Notes for version IV:
- Fourth edition features 2 new maps: "Iconic Something", and "Lorem Opus".
- Several platforms added on "End Times" to increase overall accessibility.
- Base Jumping Hills compatibility added to the first 9 maps.
- Usual texture touch-ups and fixes on older maps.
1853 downloads, 7 reviews, 15 screenshots, 4.9 rating
Hopper on Jul 7th 2012
RyokoTK on Oct 10th 2012
A three level (plus one intro level) mini-scenario for Marathon Infinity.
This scenario is a sequel to Marathon Phoenix, although it is not as difficult. The player is reunited with Durandal, and the two follow the path of the UESC Atreides to a distant Human base.
EDIT 2/11/2014 You will probably need the Previous AI plugin to make this work! http://simplici7y.com/items/aleph-one-previous-ai
2113 downloads, 7 reviews, 4 screenshots, 4.7 rating
General Tacticus on May 11th 2013
This is my first plugin uploaded to this site, it adds hi-res weapon in hand graphics to replace the original, low-res sprites with redone 3d rendered sprites.
Constructive criticism/tips are very welcome.
Notes for version 1.2:
revised the hands a bit more, added 3d weapon items.
2262 downloads, 7 reviews, 1 screenshot, 3.4 rating
ray on Oct 22nd 2008
Finally, the new gametype craze taking the metaserver by storm is released!
MUNITIONS DISPOSAL, the latest gametype out of Ray Laboratories, is as simple as it is fun: fire weapons to gain points. Gives a new meaning to "Never Stop Firing"!
Notes for version 1.1:
Ray Laboratories does it again with this must-have update to the original smash hit!
1592 downloads, 7 reviews, 0 screenshots, 2.5 rating
Super Cool Kill Zone goddddddddd
W'rkncacnter on Aug 30th 2009
thedoctor45 on Nov 1st 2009
These files will allow you to extract and implement all HD sprites and textures from the XBox Live Arcade version of Marathon:Durandal into your AlephOne installation of Marathon 2.
Detailed instructions on how to get it working can be found in the included ReadMe file.
This was made possible thanks to the combined efforts of Treellama and thedoctor45.
Hope you enjoy.
2352 downloads, 7 reviews, 3 screenshots, 3.7 rating
President People on Feb 27th 2010
An underwater map built in and around a scaled-up generator.
You'll need to do some swimming here; set your run key to something easy to reach if you haven't already.
Psycho Physics file:
*Movement is quicker underwater.
*All weapons fire underwater.
*Fusion Pistol fires safely underwater.
*All shots, including monsters' shots, will now fire underwater.
*The S'pht will not float to the top of the map. Instead, their "jump" height is left at it's highest.
The latter additions were made to make Psychomanteus more compatible with the Survival.Lua script. Enjoy.
Notes for version 2.0:
Weapons and Ammo. Okay, this time I really ramped up the numbers.
Made more items floaty.
Physics no longer merged; I think there was an error with Atque.