Items by Best Reviewed
Official Unofficialmaps 1.0
W'rkncacnter on Feb 21st 2017
M2 XBLA HD Graphics SuperPlugin for AlephOne 1.0 1.1.1
thedoctor45 on Jan 5th 2012
This is a superplugin for AlephOne 1.0 that lets you easily enable all the hi-res sprites and textures from the XBLA version of Marathon: Durandal with one single click. All required graphics are inlcuded- just unzip the downloaded folder into your Marathon 2 plugins directory. In addition to that, some glow- and bumpmap textures have also been included to improve visual experience and take advantage of AOs new shader features. No custom shapes files are required for this to work. Separate plugins for monsters, wall textures and weapon sprites will be released by treellama.
Notes for version 1.1.1:
Please note that this plugin will NOT function properly with previous versions of AlephOne or Marathon Infinity.
WARNING! - there has been a problem with the previous download (player graphics were missing) - I strongly suggest to everybody who downloaded v1.1. to re-download fixed v1.1.1!
2857 downloads, 2 reviews, 7 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Tacticus' M1 Weapons Redux 1.1
General Tacticus on Jul 13th 2017
Hd Replacements for:
Weapons Projectiles Most Items
Notes for version 1.1:
Version 1.1 includes: -tweaked weapon size and position -new animations for rocket and grenade detonation -new bullet impact effect -new trooper grenade projectile -fixed color tables for spht bolt
...and probably some other minor fixes that I forgot about.
3000 downloads, 2 reviews, 8 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Hd Eternal Weapon Pack 1.0
General Tacticus on Sep 9th 2017
The Flappyboi Incident 1.1
W'rkncacnter on Aug 8th 2022
A horrible virus is affecting everything around you.
The only way you know how to deal with the situation is to spread it around as much as possible, and kill everything that remains.
(A plugin compatible with Marathon 2, Infinity, or similar scenarios.)
203 downloads, 2 reviews, 1 screenshot, 5.0 rating
xBR Monsters for M1 1.3
Flippant Sol on Nov 19th 2017
Marathon 1 monster textures at 16x the original resolution using xBR scaling. Includes marine textures and every color palette.
- General Tacticus, who helped me index M1's original shapes file
- Treellama, who helped me use Aorta to remove blue from the textures
- Hawkynt, who created the program that could batch upscale 2,602 textures, and
- Hyllian, who created the xBR 4x scaling algorithm
Notes for version 1.3:
- Added some missing textures
- Reverted back to original algorithm
- Quality-of-life improvements
2270 downloads, 2 reviews, 7 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Old School Hollywood 1.0
irons on Jan 17th 2018
Xmas 1: Submarine 1.2
drictelt on Feb 5th 2018
Xmas 1 is the first in a series of collaborative single-player projects. It consists of 5 levels.
Contributors: Goran, RyokoTK, Drictelt, Zero
Notes for version 1.2:
I retrieved this scenario from fileball.whpress.com, unstuffed it, zipped it, and uploaded it here.
1647 downloads, 2 reviews, 0 screenshots, 5.0 rating
ShotsFired Plugin v1.1
tim4i on Nov 19th 2010
Plugin Version of 'Shots Fired v1.1' by James Hastings-Trew (Nardo) for Marathon 2 Durandle and Marathon Infinity.
-For screen shots and details refer to original MOD. -Original Readme enclosed -Released under permission
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS: 1) Cut & Paste 'shots_fired v1.1.zip' into your 'Plugins' folder in the AlephOne Folder. (Create the folder if you don't have one)
2) Start AlephOne.exe and go to Preferences->Environments->Plugins (Click to Enable/Disable Plugins)
Notes for version v1.1:
Release Notes: Plugin Support Release.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY OWN WORK. IT IS A REPACK INTO A PLUGIN WITH PERMISSION FROM THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR(S).
Problems post on Pfhorums http://www.pfhorums.com/index.php?showtopic=5786&st=20&gopid=86160&#entry86160
2165 downloads, 2 reviews, 0 screenshots, 5.0 rating
Eternal X 1.3 preview 5
The Man on Feb 8th 2023
Eternal is one of the largest scenarios ever created for Aleph One, initially created by Forrest Cameranesi (Pfhorrest) and subsequently revised and expanded by a massive team known as the Xeventh Project, which, as of this writing (February 2023) now includes more than 40 people. Besides Tempus Irae, it may be the oldest scenario still being actively developed; it was first released in 2004 and has been refined and expanded almost continuously ever since. Features include, but are hardly limited to:
- 52 levels, some revisiting familiar locations from the Marathon trilogy and some being among the largest ever created for the engine
- An intricately layered plot featuring dense political and philosophical themes, a tragic romance, time travel, major events from Marathon’s backstory, complex original characters, and returning faces from the Marathon trilogy’s cast
- A huge, acclaimed soundtrack containing some fifty tracks, lasting more than six hours, and created by some thirteen composers and arrangers (significantly expanded in 1.3 previews 4 and 5)
- Redesigns of most of the game’s familiar cast (new in 1.3), some old foes from Pathways into Darkness, and some new faces (some new in 1.3)
- Hundreds of gorgeous terminal images (many added for 1.3 preview 4)
- Five texture sets, encompassing 650 high-resolution textures, 12 detailed original landscape textures, and several separate human and alien environments
- A secret tracking system (new in 1.3 preview 4)
- More than 360 sounds, remixed or remastered in CD quality, in stereo where possible (new in 1.3)
- Atmospheric weather like rain and snow (new in 1.3)
- A “quicksave on level transition” feature (new in 1.3)
- A final boss battle of sorts (new in 1.3)
- Detailed documentation including illustrated field guides to Eternal’s weaponry, aliens, and humans, detailed credits, a meta-history of Eternal, and technical notes on how its maps and scripts work (new in 1.3)
The current development release, 1.3 preview 5 (released on 2023-02-08), is perfectly playable despite still being incomplete; it is now our recommended way to play the game. We’ll refrain from estimating the release date of 1.3 final, as we’ve overshot too many estimates to count (thank you, feature creep). The current “stable” build, 1.2.1 (released on 2021-11-07), is missing several features listed above but is still an enjoyable game in its own right.
The screenshots seen on the right are from a development release from between 1.3 previews 4 and 5 and are a reasonable reflection of Eternal’s current appearance. Although they were taken on Normal (so as to show more monster types), we do recommend playing Eternal on the highest difficulty you can manage.
Notes for version 1.3 preview 5:
Current development release. 1.3 incorporates several new features, many detailed above. New in 1.3 preview 5:
- Fixes to several major bugs, including crashes in six different levels, the HUD messing up in non-16:9 aspect ratios, and problems in network games with the secret counter and map overlay.
- Over an hour of new/updated music since preview 4.
- New secrets in a few levels.
- Jjaro sludge is no longer coloured like M1’s toxic Pfhor goo.