Tagged 'Solocoop' by Most Reviews
Phortiphy on Mar 9th 2008
This is a 2 physics pack that I made a while back. The first one is playable, if rather gimmicky. The second one IS NOT PLAYABLE AT ALL, EDIT and was included as an example of the variety of things you can do with this EDIT. They both involve pressing the walk key to "fly". Nofall2 is not playable because I set player gravity to a negative number when walking, but the problem is that if you're killed you just keep going up and up and up into the ceiling. Because of some unknown engine property, if you accelerate into the ceiling while dead at a constant rate, it sends you up through the ceiling, where everything looks untextured, then for about a minute of that you come up through the floor, continue upwards through the ceiling and repeat. Because your corpse is still moving, it is impossible to respawn.
There. Do what you will with this, but at least let people know what you are doing before hosting it. EDIT In response to Tim, here are some suggestions for getting the most out of this: 1) Certain maps, such as Intercontinental Divide, get the most out of this (I found quick six in general to be pretty good for it). 2) The setup of this is such that a person on the ground can usually trump a flying person. That's alright, because in my experience there's only one or two people spoiling like that. 3) You can control the rise and fall (and direction [you can build up mad speed]) by shooting in the opposite direction (preferably with a machine gun, rockets don't work as well).
All credit for concept goes to Count Roland. Other tweaks are credited to me. He has okayed this for distribution last time I saw him.
1688 downloads, 2 reviews, 0 screenshots, 2.0 rating
Marathon: Victum Demo Demo Beta v1
IonicPaul on Sep 13th 2008
This is the Marathon Victum Demo. Only the maps and shapes file are included. This is compatible with the hi-res shots, WEP pack and partially with the texture enhancement pack.
Because Victum uses Marathon 2's Water, Sewage, Lava, and Pfhor texture sets as well as the Marathon Infinity Jjaro set, it would not be logical to simply add the M2 or Marathon Infinity enhancement packs because they would make the game look wrong. What you need to do is get both the Infinity and Durandal enhancement packs, then use the Marathon infinity texture script and folders, but then copy over the four Marathon 2 sets in the marathon infinity texture folder, so the folder will be like so:
-Jjaro hi-res set -M2 water hi-res -M2 sewage hi-res -M2 pfhor hi-res -M2 lava hi-res -Marathon Infinity hi-res script
Backstory: Marathon Infinity was a dream of sorts, and Marathon 2 has just ended. You awake aboard a human-built ship.
It's sweet and simple because it will be explained in the first level.
Known bugs: The third level has no ambient or random sounds.
Report bugs to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for version Demo Beta v1:
Known bugs: The third level has no ambient or random sounds.
1996 downloads, 2 reviews, 3 screenshots, 3.0 rating
Dugit on May 8th 2010
This is my second map pack, this time veering away from maps based on natural environments; also using a custom shapes file. Be sure to use it.
Notes for version 0.21:
After a long hiatus, Red Dragonfly is finally finished. Enjoy everyone!
Please be sure to use the custom shapes file provided.
0.21: Wrong shapes file attached before. Fixed.
1656 downloads, 2 reviews, 4 screenshots, 3.0 rating
Testing 1 2 3 .91
Skullcrusher on Mar 23rd 2010
Xmas 3: Starship unburied.0
drictelt on Nov 17th 2013
Xmas 3 is the third in a series of collaborative single-player projects, in an episodic format.
Contributors: RyokoTK, Shadowbreaker, Cryos, Axle_Gear, Drictelt, Goran
Notes for version unburied.0:
Apparently this scenario had gone lost. This is what I found on my backup drive. I suspect it is the final version, but I'm not entirely sure.
1490 downloads, 2 reviews, 0 screenshots, 4.0 rating
Tycho X on Feb 13th 2016
Marathon: Trinity is a brand new scenario/total conversion which explores the cyborg's future in a parallel timeline. Pfhor dominate the galaxy and Earth has been annihilated. Stuck on board the UESC Trinity with an AI named Lysander, you and your fellow colonists discover a habitable planet after over a century of exploring. However, a mysterious ship wreck drifts nearby, which can only mean the worst...
Pfhorums link: http://pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39242
Notes for version 0.2:
Version 0.2 of Marathon: Trinity. This scenario is still in early alpha. Update Notes:
- Bug fixes
- More health & ammo
- Modified enemies
- Fixed Monster Limits issue
- Replaced 'The Devil's Playground' with 'The Devil's Playground II'
- Added a 5th (unfinished) map. Just a teaser of what is to come.
1594 downloads, 2 reviews, 7 screenshots, 4.0 rating
W'rkncacnter on Dec 6th 2018
This is a set of 2304 Mararthon: Yuge style single player maps. There is pretty much no plot on any of these maps, it purely exists for killing monsters.
If you are unfamiliar with Mararthon: Yuge, it can be downloaded at http://simplici7y.com/items/mararthon-yuge.
The maps can all be played with the Mararthon: Yuge scenario (recommended) or Marathon Infinity.
- Yuge Bigly 1: The Loneliest Number - 256 maps with the same parameters as normal Yuge levels.
- Yuge Bigly 2: Electric Doogaloo - Explore the Doog District of INFINITYS with 50% chance of doogstorms and 50% chance of SPOOKYdoogs.
- One Weapon Edition - There is only one type of weapon that spawns on these maps. Shitsticks required.
- All Weapons Edition - All weapon types can spawn on each map, instead of only 3.
- Hardcore Edition - Less health than normal Yuge maps. For people that want a challenge.
- JIHADIC-1 - All maps have either rain or JUICEstorms.
- Roguelike Edition - Pattern buffers are removed and each exit teleports you 1-10 levels forward.
- Spinal Tap Edition - More health, ammo, and monsters.
- Wuss Edition - More health and ammo. For super casual gameplay.
Notes for version 1.3:
- Fixed terminals to make it work with newer versions of AlephOne.
- Windbreaker created new shapes files for a brand new series, Yuge Bigly 2: Electric Doogaloo.
- One Weapon Edition added.
- Updated all maps to include the full set of community quotes from Mararthon: Yuge.
- Fog added to all maps.
- Other random fixes and changes to make the maps better fit their descriptions.
1112 downloads, 2 reviews, 1 screenshot, 3.5 rating
Marathon 1 Redux 0.0.13-alpha
liacrow on Jul 29th 2019
Weekly updates on Github: https://github.com/ravenshining/M1R
A project to give Marathon 1 a facelift, incorporating the new features of Aleph One to flesh out and add realism to the Marathon's architecture. Eventually, to include a branching storyline- possibly even missions on the colony moon.
Featuring Marathon 1 with lua scripting, liquids, ambient sound, new weapons, more scenery, improved sprites, expanded architecture, new terms & terminal art, and the latest HD plugins. Also including Craig Hardgrove's soundtrack, you can visit his page over at themarathonmusic.com !
At this point M1R should contain a complete, playable, almost bug-free recreation of M1, however, I still consider this an alpha as there are many more features and levels to come, and other features present that will be cut.
To contribute to this project, download it and read the "Help Wanted.txt" and/or TODO.txt," or head over to the Pfhorums where the lists and discussion are posted: http://pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=53510
WINDOWS USERS PLEASE NOTE Marathon 1 Redux's extensive HD and 3D assets may cause 32-bit builds of Aleph One to crash immediately upon starting a game. To resolve this issue, you will have to experiment with turning off plugins or reducing texture replacement resolution to taste.
Notes for version 0.0.13-alpha:
- Starting a new game now brings you directly to Arrival, rather than skipping though unfinished prologues
- Currently unplayable levels are hidden from the level-select dialogue
- Lua scripting is finding its way to several levels to control special events and functions
- 3D models fixed so they no longer cause clipping & bloom problems, and distort less on pulsating textures
- New texture variants, bringing the total number to 386! (including landscapes and animation frames)
- Most levels updated to greater and lesser degrees to take advantage of the new textures
- AI variant terminal textures applied to every terminal - e.g., a Leela terminal says LEELA on it in-world
- Differentiated solid and liquid lava, and to a lesser degree, goo
- New epilogue level (thanks to Pfhorrest for letting me re-use some Eternal geometry)
- A new defensive twist to Pfhoraphobia to balance out its new Lua scripting
- Updates to Arrival, The Rose, Welcome to the Revolution, Try Again, Beware of Low-Flying Defence Drones
- The first Pfhor terminal
- Pfhor fighter sprites optimised for bloom
- Revised Vidmaster's Oath
- Newly spawned players start with plot-appropriate weapons, at the expense of ammo
- Low resolution fallback if you disable the 3072p landscape plugin
- Lots of bugfixes in general, thank you to everyone who reported problems!
- Much saner organisation overall
- Probably more because it's been 9 months since 0.0.12!
Known bugs *A mutant pfhor teleports into space and BoBs clog corridors in the epilogue level, both fixed in weelky release *Flamethrower is wonky *Player's light is too dark, fixed in weekly release
1733 downloads, 2 reviews, 9 screenshots, 4.0 rating
Total Carnage ++ 1.4
LegacyTyphoon on Aug 18th 2007
WELCOME TO TC-plusplus v1.4
As with all the previous versions of TC ++, the main objective was to create something completely insane to add to the mayhem already associated with Marathon. All the weapon's have been changed, however, there are no flying BOBs, screaming Pfhor rockets, or anything like that. TC-plusplus is actually a fairly simple modification to the Marathon weapons. All the weapons have been modified so that they fire more, fire faster, and overall, fill the level with bullets, energy blasts, and high explosives. However, this isn't one of those increase everything to max and have a completely Ã?Â¼ber SPNKR that makes the player who gets it first God. TC-plusplus is as balanced as I could get it. So, there are no ultimate weapons, the weapons are as close to their roots as I could keep them. The SPNKR is still the SPNKR, and the TOTZ is still the TOTZ. v1.4 is probably one of the more balanced versions of TC-plusplus. I've toned down some of the weapons, changed the rates of fire, and lowered the amount of damage done by some weapons.
So, if this is your first time playing TC-pluspluss, enjoy it! If you've played the previous versions, this is an update to have.
NOTE ABOUT TC-plusplus: The previous versions of TC-plusplus had problems sharing weapon physics. They seemed to like taking the SMG and pfhuxing it up in the Standard physics file. To fix this, you have to select the Standard Physics and then restart Aleph One.
And as always, send me feedback, comments, or whatever: email@example.com
2035 downloads, 1 review, 0 screenshots, 5.0 rating
tim on Aug 25th 2008
The number one comment I hear when hosting the Co-Op 2.0 Lua script is, "I really miss the old script."
Now, with the Co-Op 2.0 - 1.0 Edition script, those players will feel right at home.
This modified script spawns players with full health. By default, players will be "slaved" to the host's beacon, simplifying the teleport system for new players. The HUD elements from the original script also return, showing deaths, kills, and enemies remaining. While in the map view, helpful text explains how to set beacons, change targets, and initiate a teleport. Also, this script crashes more often.