Tagged 'Solocoop' by Best Reviewed
Tycho X on Feb 13th 2016
Marathon: Trinity is a brand new scenario/total conversion which explores the cyborg's future in a parallel timeline. Pfhor dominate the galaxy and Earth has been annihilated. Stuck on board the UESC Trinity with an AI named Lysander, you and your fellow colonists discover a habitable planet after over a century of exploring. However, a mysterious ship wreck drifts nearby, which can only mean the worst...
Pfhorums link: http://pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=39242
Notes for version 0.2:
Version 0.2 of Marathon: Trinity. This scenario is still in early alpha. Update Notes:
- Bug fixes
- More health & ammo
- Modified enemies
- Fixed Monster Limits issue
- Replaced 'The Devil's Playground' with 'The Devil's Playground II'
- Added a 5th (unfinished) map. Just a teaser of what is to come.
1594 downloads, 2 reviews, 7 screenshots, 4.0 rating
Marathon 1 Redux 0.0.13-alpha
liacrow on Jul 29th 2019
Weekly updates on Github: https://github.com/ravenshining/M1R
A project to give Marathon 1 a facelift, incorporating the new features of Aleph One to flesh out and add realism to the Marathon's architecture. Eventually, to include a branching storyline- possibly even missions on the colony moon.
Featuring Marathon 1 with lua scripting, liquids, ambient sound, new weapons, more scenery, improved sprites, expanded architecture, new terms & terminal art, and the latest HD plugins. Also including Craig Hardgrove's soundtrack, you can visit his page over at themarathonmusic.com !
At this point M1R should contain a complete, playable, almost bug-free recreation of M1, however, I still consider this an alpha as there are many more features and levels to come, and other features present that will be cut.
To contribute to this project, download it and read the "Help Wanted.txt" and/or TODO.txt," or head over to the Pfhorums where the lists and discussion are posted: http://pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=53510
WINDOWS USERS PLEASE NOTE Marathon 1 Redux's extensive HD and 3D assets may cause 32-bit builds of Aleph One to crash immediately upon starting a game. To resolve this issue, you will have to experiment with turning off plugins or reducing texture replacement resolution to taste.
Notes for version 0.0.13-alpha:
- Starting a new game now brings you directly to Arrival, rather than skipping though unfinished prologues
- Currently unplayable levels are hidden from the level-select dialogue
- Lua scripting is finding its way to several levels to control special events and functions
- 3D models fixed so they no longer cause clipping & bloom problems, and distort less on pulsating textures
- New texture variants, bringing the total number to 386! (including landscapes and animation frames)
- Most levels updated to greater and lesser degrees to take advantage of the new textures
- AI variant terminal textures applied to every terminal - e.g., a Leela terminal says LEELA on it in-world
- Differentiated solid and liquid lava, and to a lesser degree, goo
- New epilogue level (thanks to Pfhorrest for letting me re-use some Eternal geometry)
- A new defensive twist to Pfhoraphobia to balance out its new Lua scripting
- Updates to Arrival, The Rose, Welcome to the Revolution, Try Again, Beware of Low-Flying Defence Drones
- The first Pfhor terminal
- Pfhor fighter sprites optimised for bloom
- Revised Vidmaster's Oath
- Newly spawned players start with plot-appropriate weapons, at the expense of ammo
- Low resolution fallback if you disable the 3072p landscape plugin
- Lots of bugfixes in general, thank you to everyone who reported problems!
- Much saner organisation overall
- Probably more because it's been 9 months since 0.0.12!
Known bugs *A mutant pfhor teleports into space and BoBs clog corridors in the epilogue level, both fixed in weelky release *Flamethrower is wonky *Player's light is too dark, fixed in weekly release
1733 downloads, 2 reviews, 9 screenshots, 4.0 rating
Random Physics 1.0
elitesoldier on Jul 10th 2010
(playable with every gametype)
my first file which overpowers the players weaponary, here are the changes I made: pistols: shoots rockets, fusion: no change, Shotgun: single weild and shoots grenades. AR:100 bullets and 2 grenades, SMG:no changes, Flamer: no changes, Missile launcher: shoots one rocket(makes rocket launcher feel more modern), alien gun: shoots staff bolts that can launch an enemy upwards if aimed at the right spot, most effective at close range.
Notes for version 1.0:
None available, first physics file. I am a terrible mapper so i will not upload maps.
1392 downloads, 1 review, 0 screenshots, 4.0 rating
XBLA Survival 2.0
Hopper on Jul 7th 2014
Play the Survival solo gameplay mode from Durandal XBLA. Rack up carnage points as you face off against hordes of increasingly difficult enemies.
Play on the four Survival maps built by Freeverse for the port. Or use the plugin, pick any netmap, and try not to die.
For a similar co-op experience, see Survival.lua.
Notes for version 2.0:
Adds four original maps from Freeverse.
2203 downloads, 1 review, 4 screenshots, 4.0 rating
Deus Volt! Alpha 1.0
Synchronicity13 on Dec 25th 2008
A preliminary release of a single-player/co-op campaign I've been cooking up for some time. The first five levels are good to go; the other four (from "The Machine Rages On" onwards) are works in progress. Go ahead and give it a try... Suggestions, criticism, bug reports, etc., are much appreciated!
Notes for version 1.0:
Merry Christmas! Bugs/glitches will be fixed as they are brought to my attention.
1706 downloads, 2 reviews, 4 screenshots, 3.5 rating
W'rkncacnter on Dec 6th 2018
This is a set of 2304 Mararthon: Yuge style single player maps. There is pretty much no plot on any of these maps, it purely exists for killing monsters.
If you are unfamiliar with Mararthon: Yuge, it can be downloaded at http://simplici7y.com/items/mararthon-yuge.
The maps can all be played with the Mararthon: Yuge scenario (recommended) or Marathon Infinity.
- Yuge Bigly 1: The Loneliest Number - 256 maps with the same parameters as normal Yuge levels.
- Yuge Bigly 2: Electric Doogaloo - Explore the Doog District of INFINITYS with 50% chance of doogstorms and 50% chance of SPOOKYdoogs.
- One Weapon Edition - There is only one type of weapon that spawns on these maps. Shitsticks required.
- All Weapons Edition - All weapon types can spawn on each map, instead of only 3.
- Hardcore Edition - Less health than normal Yuge maps. For people that want a challenge.
- JIHADIC-1 - All maps have either rain or JUICEstorms.
- Roguelike Edition - Pattern buffers are removed and each exit teleports you 1-10 levels forward.
- Spinal Tap Edition - More health, ammo, and monsters.
- Wuss Edition - More health and ammo. For super casual gameplay.
Notes for version 1.3:
- Fixed terminals to make it work with newer versions of AlephOne.
- Windbreaker created new shapes files for a brand new series, Yuge Bigly 2: Electric Doogaloo.
- One Weapon Edition added.
- Updated all maps to include the full set of community quotes from Mararthon: Yuge.
- Fog added to all maps.
- Other random fixes and changes to make the maps better fit their descriptions.
1112 downloads, 2 reviews, 1 screenshot, 3.5 rating
iamanidiot123 on Apr 15th 2011
Mods the magnum. Twice the recoil of a rocket launcher, and the power of a rocket launcher, without the explosion. Enjoy. PS THIS IS A PHYSICS FILE NOT A SCRIPT OR MAP. DONT USE ON A MERGED MAP. OMG. Why does everyone hate all my uploads? even the good ones? The ones that they TOLD me to upload? Really, I think I am going to start keeping my creations to myself.
Notes for version 1:
Whatever. Less recoil. P.S. If you are wondering where my other uploads went, it seems nobody likes them. Plus, they were the original property of Treellama. This is the only one that I really made. Oh well. P.P.S. The above is in the readme.
1543 downloads, 3 reviews, 0 screenshots, 3.3 rating
Dan the Man on Apr 16th 2011
Yeah, just another crappy physics file. Made it a long time ago. Like all physics files, don't use on a merged map. CHANGES:shotgun shoots fusion bolts with blast radius, AR and SMG fires a larger burst (3 and 4 at a time) and shoot faster. AR bullets are powered up just a little. AR grenades have no changes; the AR just fires 5 at a time even though it might not look like it. Again, this is a PHYSICS MODEL, not a script. So don't use on a map with embedded physics. Also, FloatingX, TTEP and WEP not included. Get them in Simplici7y (except for the FloatingX; that's a 1-of-a-kind floatingx i made by modding Treellama's FloatingX. It's not posted anywhere to download.) Also, I made Super Magnum Physics ;) I just wanted to change my name. Also, the Ray Shotgun was not named after Ray. The idea of a "Ray Gun" was invented by H.G. Wells, a famous writer. "A very early example of a raygun is the Heat-Ray featured in H. G. Wells' novel The War of the Worlds (1898)." (Information page: bit.ly/eDTJ1l )
Notes for version 1:
OMG! ARNOLD'S DAMN MINIGUN!
1557 downloads, 4 reviews, 3 screenshots, 3.2 rating
Marathon: Victum Demo Demo Beta v1
IonicPaul on Sep 13th 2008
This is the Marathon Victum Demo. Only the maps and shapes file are included. This is compatible with the hi-res shots, WEP pack and partially with the texture enhancement pack.
Because Victum uses Marathon 2's Water, Sewage, Lava, and Pfhor texture sets as well as the Marathon Infinity Jjaro set, it would not be logical to simply add the M2 or Marathon Infinity enhancement packs because they would make the game look wrong. What you need to do is get both the Infinity and Durandal enhancement packs, then use the Marathon infinity texture script and folders, but then copy over the four Marathon 2 sets in the marathon infinity texture folder, so the folder will be like so:
-Jjaro hi-res set -M2 water hi-res -M2 sewage hi-res -M2 pfhor hi-res -M2 lava hi-res -Marathon Infinity hi-res script
Backstory: Marathon Infinity was a dream of sorts, and Marathon 2 has just ended. You awake aboard a human-built ship.
It's sweet and simple because it will be explained in the first level.
Known bugs: The third level has no ambient or random sounds.
Report bugs to either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for version Demo Beta v1:
Known bugs: The third level has no ambient or random sounds.
1996 downloads, 2 reviews, 3 screenshots, 3.0 rating
Dugit on May 8th 2010
This is my second map pack, this time veering away from maps based on natural environments; also using a custom shapes file. Be sure to use it.
Notes for version 0.21:
After a long hiatus, Red Dragonfly is finally finished. Enjoy everyone!
Please be sure to use the custom shapes file provided.
0.21: Wrong shapes file attached before. Fixed.