kaosof on Sep 2nd 2020
Ares Ex Machina on Mar 30th 2014
A plugin for the original weapons-in-hand graphics for Aleph One, featuring:
- Different looking muzzle flash with blended edges.
- Motion blur on certain frames, including bullet shells and the fists.
- An optional translucent scope effect for the magnum.
Works with both Marathon 2 and Marathon Infinity!
Notes for version 1.5:
- Removed black halo around edges of the optional graphics for the Marathon 2 SMG.
- Optional graphics for the Marathon 2 SMG have been made powers of 2.
2867 downloads, 6 reviews, 5 screenshots, 4.7 rating
President People on Jan 18th 2012
This plugin replaces some textures with those found in the Marathon 2 Preview.
The Marathon 2 Preview was released before the Marathon 2 Demo, and contains different textures, weapons and sprites than in the full game, and in some cases, the demo.
I highly recommend that you use Marathon 2 Textures with this plugin. Aleph One 1.0 also recommended.
-- Special Thanks to Hopper for converting the M2 Preview Shapes to Aleph One Format
For more info on the M2 Preview, check out the Marathon Story Page:
Check out Hopper's converted M2 Preview Shapes on the Pfhorums:
Any questions or comments? You can contact me on the Pfhorums.
Notes for version 2.2:
v2.1 to 2.2
- Ugh, texture 010 was incorrectly named after the Preview, in which it was bitmap 23. Corrected.
v2.0 to 2.1
- I'd forgotten to convert the new textures to DDS format. They should work properly now.
v1.0 to v2.0
Completely replaced all bitmaps, using Hopper's converted M2 Preview Shapes (The screenshot method was worth it :))
Added textures 002, 003, 027, and 029