Marathon Gambit 1.1
AnonFriction on Nov 11th 2019
What is it?
Marathon Gambit is a recreation of Bungie's Destiny 2 gametype of the same name
How do I play?
The objective of Gambit is to kill things, collect the keys they drop, and turn in the keys to summon a final Boss. The first team to summon its boss and kill it wins the round. (a pdf is included that explains this more in depth)
What is included?
The download includes the following
- 3 Netmaps.
- MML and phyA files for merging with your own maps.
- A pdf manual that explains how to play and what is required for making your own maps.
Zoranel: This map was created for testing purposes and is not the prettiest, but i feel it was fun to play on so I'm including it. It is the largest map in this pack currently.
Wrath Eternal: This is a modification of the Bungie netmap "Wrath No More?" to support Gambit. It is the smallest map in the pack and can get very hectic!
Salinn: This is a modification of one of my own netmaps to support Gambit. In terms of size this map is somewhere between Wrath Eternal and Zoranel
The main feature I am looking into adding is an intro cinematic. Other than that all currently planned features are present, so updates will be limited to bug fixes or adding new netmaps
Feedback or Bugs
Feedback and Bugs can be reported on the pfhorums thread here
- Original Mode: Bungie
- Marathon Scripting: anonfriction, level47otter, liacrow
- Custom Physics: liacrow
- Levels: AnonFriction (with some maps being modifications of official Bungie netmaps)
- Testing: anonfriction, level47otter, liacrow, spooky
Marathon Gambit Artwork: wyvernzu
W’rkncacnter and jteg for answering all my dumb questions when I was getting started.
- Benoit whose Survival2.0 script helped me learn the setup of many things (and which I basically lifted Health Regen from)
- Ku-rin for sharing their cameras.lua file on the pfhorums and providing additional help!
- Everyone else who helped test or jumped into random netgames!
Notes for version 1.1:
Disabled High Value Target notifications as they were sometimes causing the match to become softlocked.
Rewriting HVT notification
Sometimes combatants fail to spawn causing a team to become softlocked
72 downloads, 2 reviews, 7 screenshots, 5.0 rating
aquateenhgrfrce on Jan 21st 2017
Lower Grade weapons = More points
Weaker weapons are harder to kill with thus will grant you more points, stronger weapons are easy to kill with, therefore you will gain less points if you use them.
Many thanks to Hail, Benoit, limonene, Windbreaker, Data, and others for their help in testing and balancing the script.
Future versions may include turning off auto switch and customization.
Current Netgame point distribution:
• Missile = 1 points • Flamethrower = 3 points • Shotgun = 5 points • SMG = 7 points • AR Grenade = 15 points • AR Bullet = 10 points • Alien Weapon = 20 points • Fusion Bolt Minor = 20 points • Fusion Bolt Major = 15 points • Pistol = 30 Points • Running Fists = 25 points • Walking Fists = 35 Points • Standing Fists = 50 points
725 downloads, 3 reviews, 0 screenshots, 4.7 rating
Height as Some Feature dirac delta function
ray on Aug 29th 2009
Height as Some Feature is a script pack that will be released incrementally from RAY LABORATORIES.
NOTE: This script pack will only be released on forward-thinking sites like Simplici7y, not sites run by the obstructionists of the Marathon community.
Notes for version dirac delta function:
This version contains:
- KING OF THE HEIGHT
1366 downloads, 5 reviews, 0 screenshots, 5.0 rating
W'rkncacnter on Feb 16th 2009
This is a map with embedded shapes and lua. There are 7 "hills" on the map, and each player or team will get a point for every hill they have control of at the end of a round. The lua HUD makes it easy to tell how much time is left in the round.
This map should be played with the netscript gametype as it has embedded lua.
1544 downloads, 2 reviews, 0 screenshots, 4.5 rating
Vladtepes on Feb 9th 2009
This script adds a new network survival gametype that Marathon: the ghost hunt.
As an UESC Space Marine, you are sent to seek and kill an invisible and dangerous ghost escaped from the depth of Lh'owon. It is very quick and can jump from wall to wall and, worst of all, you are nearly out of ammo!
Notes for version 0.55: