2048x1080: An improvement upon the original M1A1 "stars" background image, this is a slight upgrade of the excellent "Hi-Rez Landscape (Stars)" file uploaded by Phil Demkeston on the Lh'owon Ar'kives (minor smears and hazing were repaired).
You can, of course, use this same DDS file in any version, flavor, or scenario of Aleph One by moving the file to the appropriate folder per A1 flavor.
- Uploaded Aug 16th 2010
- tags: m1a1
- 1250 downloads of this item
- 1250 downloads of latest version
- 0 downloads in the last 24 hours
- 2 downloads in the last 7 days
- 12 downloads in the last month
- 4.0 rating ( 4.30 weighted for sorting )
Can also be used with official Marathon 1
3371-Alpha on Nov 25th 2015, Version 1.0
This image not only works on M1A1 but can also easily be used with the official Marathon 1 by following these steps:
1) If on Mac: Right click on the Marathon app and select "show package contents" and navigate to /Contents/Resources/DataFiles/Plugins. If on Windows or Linux: go to your Marathon 1 plugin folder.
2) Then find the TTEP plugin and open it's Collections folder. You should see sub folders with various numbers for names.
3) unzip the starscape.zip then make 3 copies of the starscape.dds, rename each "04.dds", "24.dds", and "21.dds".
4) Replace image "04.dds" inside folder 02. Replace image "24.dds" inside folder 17. And finally replace image "21.dds" inside folder 18.
5) Enjoy the better graphics! This starscape image is significantly better than the one included in TTEP.
Only better definition
craZboy557 on May 11th 2013, Version 1.0
Stars are higher definition and there are more of them, but they're all just a bunch of white. To call them spots wouldn't be accurate, as there IS detail to them, but they're rather uniform. The original file actually has an advantage over this as the stars there are multiple colors. What came to mind for me when I heard this had the milky way and hundreds of red and white and blue and yellow stars.
Edit: Ok, it's actualy pretty good. Might be better than the original stars. Still wish it was more colorful and varied, but y'know. It's decent.
Write a review