An underwater map built in and around a scaled-up generator.
You'll need to do some swimming here; set your run key to something easy to reach if you haven't already.
Psycho Physics file:
*Movement is quicker underwater.
*All weapons fire underwater.
*Fusion Pistol fires safely underwater.
*All shots, including monsters' shots, will now fire underwater.
*The S'pht will not float to the top of the map. Instead, their "jump" height is left at it's highest.
The latter additions were made to make Psychomanteus more compatible with the Survival.Lua script. Enjoy.
Weapons and Ammo. Okay, this time I really ramped up the numbers.
Made more items floaty.
Physics no longer merged; I think there was an error with Atque.
Learn to mml dammit!
Vladtepes on Feb 28th 2010, Version 2.0
Like the mml documentation was too hard to read!?
a volunteer? excuse me?
ray on Feb 28th 2010, Version 2.0
you didn't post in my DOOM 2 VOLUNTEERS thread and now you expect me to volunteer? fix your own damn fader, asshole
RyokoTK on Jan 23rd 2010, Version 1.1
Two things remain:
- Still needs more ammo; it's particularly hard to find because the map is so spacious.
- Research MML to fix that water fader!
You're just about there. This is a fun map, it just needs that final push.
Dugit on Dec 31st 2009, Version 1.0
I've always had an affinity with water-based levels, so I love the idea of exploring this place. Very well done. Also, I like the nods towards Trilogy levels, especially the thoth levels, and other architecture from My Private Thermopylae. The only quibble is a lack of varied texturing, but that's easily fixed.
Envy on Dec 31st 2009, Version 1.0
As Ryoko said, my only qualms are the lack of ammo and the mono-texturing. keep the flickering lights, though. Makes it harder to shoot, I like that. To make it less annoying, you should probably lower the rate of the flicker. Really fun though, good job!
RyokoTK on Dec 31st 2009, Version 1.0
The idea isn't new but it's executed rather well. Having the player move as quickly as he does with the physics helps out greatly.
- Basically the only weapons worth using are the SMG/shotguns; when you can fly, the grenades and rockets are entirely non-threatening. But...
- There isn't nearly enough ammo for anything on this map. It's a huge map, but with myself and $lave we had trouble finding ammo. This is not good. I would also have some ammo floating around since no one will actually be walking on the ground normally. I think the problem lies in the item respawn rate, so I direct you here: http://www.pfhorums.com/index.php?showtopic=2403
- The texturing is generally okay, but you greatly overdid the flickering lights. Static lights are quite fine. Generally speaking, the contrast is fine, so I would just get rid of most of your flashing and flickering lights; they're very annoying. Also, in one particular area you use the same light panel texture on almost every wall, which is really annoying.
- This level is absolutely enormous and most of the side rooms are completely extraneous. In addition to its size, the multiple pits and the messed-up radar make it very difficult to find someone who's hiding. Uncheck the Magnetic radar setting.
- Getting rid of that water fader is really important. I would embed mml to remove the fader entirely. On that note, merge in the physics, because the level is absolutely dependent on them.
This is a pretty tired idea but probably the best execution of it I've seen; it's just rough around the edges. Fix these listed problems and you would have a solid map.
Write a review