It's been a while. Back in 2007-2008 I created a game based on the Aleph One engine as part of a graduation project. It's quite outdated but I've had several request from people asking me to upload it here, so here it goes :)
"Blauwe Vingers' Is a Dutch translation of "Blue Fingers". It's a game about the medieval history of a city in the Netherlands called "Zwolle" in 1524.
The project has about a full year of work into it and was completely done by 5 people. Areas in the game are build after city blueprints and the story is based on real historical events. While it offers quite a campaign and large amount of content, please be aware that the game is completely in Dutch language. This unfortunately makes it almost impossible to complete it when you do not understand the language. I simply couldn't find the time to translate everything into English, as there are countless of in-game conversation, history texts, videos and whatnot.
Still, it's definitely worth to check it out (also if you're a scenario creator yourself). Many features in the game were things never done before back in 2008 with Aleph One. Later in 2010 the game received an updated to support normal maps, a floating HUD and other improvement that were later introduced to the Aleph One engine.
Note: I cannot guarantee that the game is still fully functional with the latest Aleph One features. I've quickly tested it with the latest Aleph One build on my Mac and it seems to be working great, but as I haven't updated it since 2010, there might be new or altered features in the engine that are not supported.
- Story driven level progression with about 19 maps based on historical areas and events.
- Unique use of Aleph One features such as normal maps, post-processing effects, in-game videos, 3D scenery objects etc.
- Total conversion, with countless of new characters, medieval weapons and environments.
- Full multiplayer support with 10 unique multiplayer maps.
- Graphics that push the engine to it's limits.
- Think you've mastered Marathon's melee fists? Try the flail, dual wielding axes or daggers :)
Story: As the Dutch are known for their trade; 3 cities (Kampen, Zwolle and Deventer) in the North-east of the Netherlands form an important and strategic trade area in 16th century. However, there was also a lot of rivalry between the cities which almost escalated into a war, but mostly resulted in bullying, sabotage and name calling. After the duke of Zwolle "Karel van Gelre" was banned from the city in 1524 for treating the people badly, he later came back with an army to lay siege on the city for 30 days. Food and supplies were running out but just when everything seemed to be lost, Zwolle got help from unexpected Allies. The neighbour cities "Kampen" and "Deventer" assisted resulting in a major battle right outside the city and the people were set free.
The player plays as a poor student who has to find a study and place to stay in the city and ends up becoming a war hero with a duel between you and the duke as the final battle!
- Win XP or later
- 2GB free disk space
- 2ghz processor or better
- 1GB of system memory
- Uploaded Oct 5th 2013
- 766 downloads of this item
- 766 downloads of latest version
- 0 downloads in the last 24 hours
- 2 downloads in the last 7 days
- 7 downloads in the last month
- 0.0 rating ( 0.00 weighted for sorting )